The problem with the News

The problem with the News

A Poem by Jodash

I watch and read the news. Not religiously, but I do when I can. I often hear people say they avoid the news because it's too depressing. This has never really been an issue for me. Obviously the news is reporting on events taking place to keep viewers informed. My expectation is for these reporting's to be accurate. It's the least they can do. I can't stand the idea of being misinformed by people who are in a position to influence public opinion.
What we have now is a climate of political/partisan agendas disguised as reporting. The mainstream News commentators/pundits should be fair and balanced in their criticism. Regardless of who is in an elected position.
The last time I checked America is still a democracy. Worse case scenario a President will be out of office after two terms which is 8 years. That may seem like a long time to some but think about parts of the world where there's real dictatorship. A leader of a country could be in power for decades and may remain so until he dies.
No I don't have a problem with news been depressing or not. What I think about is how the news and politics in the US especially, will only leave you with so much hate in your heart. Resentment and suspicion for what may seem like a rejection of your own values or who you vote for or endorse. In this sense, yes the news can be dangerous if one lacks discernment.

© 2019 Jodash


Author's Note

Jodash

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

dear Poet… for the first time ever since our Country was a “”Shining Light”… a President and his Party has set in Motion… the Windmills of Destruction of a Country that had “checks and balances” to keep law and order in so many Venues… . That is the Problem that will take years to Reconstruct … it is not the Way to help others to have a healthy and productive Life.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jodash

6 Months Ago

Hey Patricia (I love your name), you make some valid points here. I totally see where you're coming .. read more



Reviews

Couldn't agree more. "The News" should be unbiased, a presentment of the facts.
I've lost a bit of trust recently.

Posted 2 Months Ago


Well said! I must admit I avoid the news because it does leave me feeling hopeless and depressed at times but you are right, it’s not the news itself that does it, it’s the manner in which it is presented.

Posted 5 Months Ago


Jodash

4 Months Ago

Nice of you to share your thoughts on this topic. I personally still watch and read the news regardl.. read more
Dara

4 Months Ago

Thank you! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas as well and Happy New Year. :-)
dear Poet… for the first time ever since our Country was a “”Shining Light”… a President and his Party has set in Motion… the Windmills of Destruction of a Country that had “checks and balances” to keep law and order in so many Venues… . That is the Problem that will take years to Reconstruct … it is not the Way to help others to have a healthy and productive Life.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jodash

6 Months Ago

Hey Patricia (I love your name), you make some valid points here. I totally see where you're coming .. read more
I agree wholeheartedly.
News media are spreading lies, misinformation, hatred, division, fire on problems, some truth mixed with lies, historical inaccuracies, propaganda for one country or people over the other; I tend to sift through all the chaos and find my own conclusions.
My advice, is always see who is behind the wheels and what is their agenda.
An excellent take on the news media.

Posted 6 Months Ago


Jodash

6 Months Ago

Exactly my sentiments. I appreciate your thoughts here.
Sami Khalil

6 Months Ago

You are welcome sir.
I came by looking for further writings... This one still applies - shame isn't it?

Posted 6 Months Ago


Jodash

6 Months Ago

It is. Thanks for stopping by.
I only watches headlines. Some how I avoid news channels. Good work

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jodash

6 Months Ago

For real. Thank you for reading and reviewing my writing.
wow very deep and scary, fake news or what everybody wants to hear we need read what we fear to write. sometimes people are blinded from what they see. always an excellent write.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jodash

6 Months Ago

A great review. Thank you.
Mauricio Montoya

6 Months Ago

cool beans

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1577 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2019
Last Updated on January 20, 2019

Author

Jodash
Jodash

Houston , TX



About
more..

Writing
Love Embrace Love Embrace

A Poem by Jodash



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..