Claustrophobia

Claustrophobia

A Poem by Amanda
"

written for Inspiration Think Tank group

"

 

 

CLAOUSTROPOBIA

THE FEAR OF ENCLOSED PLACES

 

THE TIGHTNESS OF THE CHEST

THE RAPID BREATHING

THE FELING OF THE WALLS

CLOSING IN ON YOU…

 

AN UNFOUNDED FEAR

ALL TOO REAL FOR SOME

 

ELEVATORS

          CROWDED ROOMS

                   PEOPLE AND OBJECTS

                             VERY CRAMP SPACES…

 

 

WHO IS TO SAY

THAT IT DOESN’T exist

 

It is something

          I, myself deal with

                   Every day of my life

                             And being small doesn’t help.

 

© 2008 Amanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have to say I really relate to this cause I do have claustrophobia... and you describe it so well... well the fear is real, I know where mine steams from and yet it doesn't help me... i got stuck in a closet once playing hide and seek as a kid and i am sure that is why I have it... I even once stayed on the 22 floor of a hotel and still took the stairs... fears are a part of human nature whether they make sense or not. Wonderfully written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really like how you define claustrophobia, then go on to describe it. The descriptions are short, concise, and flow very well. Great poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I can relate to this too! I wonder why its so common?
Anyway, this is a vivid and compelling poem that really shouts out to you and grabs you. Its very strongly written with a great pace for the subject. The ending line was a brilliant touch too!
I hope oneday the strains of suffering from it become less and less for you. :) *hugs*

Posted 15 Years Ago


omigosh you have NO IDEA how much I relate to this... so let me tell you!!! I used to suffer from it myself, and yes, being 5' tall does NOT help!!!! When I was in grammar school we took a trip to the Empire State Building... and our elevator got stuck. Talk about an attack of claustrophobia! It was bad enough I was squished into the back corner of the overpacked elevator... I don't know how I managed to keep my cool till they let us out.

Someone taught me to look up when it comes on.... at a rock show I think it was... and darn it if it didn't work... suddenly... there was air... and being smooshed between hundreds of sweaty fans became more pleasureable than scary. Thank goodness.

I'm so sorry you're still living with this... I know the horror of it.
Excellent piece!!! Thanks so much for writing and submitting it!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2008
Last Updated on October 9, 2008

Author

Amanda
Amanda

Austin, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! hey!...to all my friends and anyone that happens to read my writings, I'm going to be off from this site for a little while. I'm having to deal with .. more..

Writing
Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Amanda


fading away fading away

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tube Tube

A Poem by Constance