To My Gentle Breeze

To My Gentle Breeze

A Poem by Amanda
"

for you...

"

To My Gentle Breeze

 

Whatever happened to my gentle breeze?

Diminishing with the passing time

Ever present in the back of my mind

I still feel your existence

 

You blew through me,

Gentle and caressing

A short year ago,

Now I am not sure

Where you have gone

 

The demands put upon me

By the unrelenting world

Has made me complacent

Forgetting that you were there

Have you left me alone?

 

If you chose to leave,

I will understand

My heart and soul will miss you,

Mourn your silent departure

 

I will never forget

What you have done for me

The strength that you have given

To continue and believe in myself

 

In this prayer to the winds,

Hoping that it will reach to you…

Always remember what you have meant to me

Please forgive my abstinence

 

I have neither purposely forgotten

Nor ignored you, please understand

I am just trying to continue on

The path I am destined to follow

 

I am forever grateful to you

My gentle breeze.

 

 

Agtovar  5 Aug 2009

 

 

 

© 2009 Amanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometimes life leaves us no choice like when one goes off to college or moves away for work. This is a beautiful dedication to the memory. It is gentle and reassuring. Nice write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Again, I'm not the best poem critic but it was nice. Seems very personal so I don't want to tread too much. good imagery though

Posted 14 Years Ago


What a lovely poem and excellent dedication this picture is very inspiring too

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is such a wistful, sad piece of writing and yet, it is incredibly beautiful.. so many wonderful lines..

'My heart and soul will miss you, Mourn your silent departure'

This will go into Favourites.


Posted 14 Years Ago


This piece actually reminds me of someone I actually had to leave without an option and I still remember and think about him. I always wondered what that feeling is called when you will always hold them in your heart, but have learned to take steps forward as you learned from them. Beautiful piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Strange but its cool

Posted 14 Years Ago


A stunning piece of work... torn between love and chasing your dreams is always difficult but you debate those mixed feelings so eloquently.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I'm totally speechless after reading this...

Right when I first read the title, I realized that this poem will going to be absolutely beautiful...
I was correct!
This was beautiful, simply beautiful and touched each and every part of me.

"I have neither purposely forgotten
Nor ignored you, please understand
I am just trying to continue on
The path I am destined to follow


I am forever grateful to you
My gentle breeze." - The way you have written these lines is simply beyond my comprehension!
I don't know how but I can so much relate myself with these lines...because this is exactly what I feel right now...
Love really hurts, it hurts badly... It will first give you all the beautiful reasons to live and then suddenly, will take away all those reasons to live from your life and then smiles while standing silently in a corner to say � "Live�" It will give you such a strong pain that you will find it hard to fight with. It doesn't matter that how many chocolates you will eat to erase that depression, or to how many parties you will go to feel happy once again, or how many poems you will write about them and your heartbreak. But whenever you will go to your bed to sleep at every night, you will think about nothing except them. All of those memories which you had will once again visit your mind and will keep on haunting you. But then�one day a time will come, when the walls of your heart will become stronger than all those memories to keep them outside from it forever. And then, you will fall in love again, though the feeling would be different that time as you will be more careful. But then after when you will find your true soul-mate, you will feel that all those things which are happening with you right now, actually never happened at all. There always comes a time like this in everyone's life which breaks each and every part of us. But the thing which matters most is not how we hold on with that pain but how we carry on with it....and how we let it go...like a gentle breeze....

I also should write that the picture really enhanced the entire feel of the poem and without any delay I'm going to add this poem to my favorites..
It was...exceptionally beautiful!

Thank you for sharing this part of yours with us here :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I am almost sure that this is not how you meant it to be understood, but I read 'gentle breeze' to be talent, an urge to write, Writerscafe even.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You have indeed given your gentle breeze a beautiful tribute with words of devotion and thanksgiving, and
the easy flow of your words is much like a gentle breeze and sets the tone for the poem.

As you continue on with your prayer to the winds, you do acknowledge that you are only following that which you believe to be your destiny....the path you are chosen to follow. May the person for whom this was written, have an understanding of your intentions!

A nice write!


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 5, 2009
Last Updated on August 5, 2009

Author

Amanda
Amanda

Austin, TX



About
Use our Free Myspace Banner Maker! Click Here! hey!...to all my friends and anyone that happens to read my writings, I'm going to be off from this site for a little while. I'm having to deal with .. more..

Writing
Swept Away Swept Away

A Poem by Amanda


fading away fading away

A Poem by Amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..