3. The Offer

3. The Offer

A Chapter by Abram Heron
"

Enter Milo Anderson

"
He glanced over to see a tall man dressed in an expensive suit, walking towards him. The stranger introduced himself as Mr. Anderson, and said that he was the head of a travel agency consortium that specialized in luxury travel. He offered Isaac a position with their company, finding his courage and strength in the face of great odds to be inspiring. He stepped forward and extended his hand to him. “You have exceptional skill and courage, my friend,” he said. “I'd like you to join our team.”

Isaac was amazed by the offer, but he couldn't help but wonder if this was truly what he wanted to do with his life. He had always been interested in travel and exploration, but the idea of being tied down to a desk all day didn't sound very appealing.

Mr. Anderson must have sensed his hesitation because he continued to talk, explaining that the position offered a lot of flexibility and opportunities for travel. Isaac would be able to explore new destinations while also ensuring that clients had the best possible vacation experience.

As he listened to Mr. Anderson's words, something clicked inside of him. This could be his chance to merge travel and altruism, starting a new chapter of helping others. He replied with a small smile. "I'm just glad I could help those people."

Mr. Anderson returned Isaac's smile and said, "We should meet again so that I can give you more details about the position. How about we meet in my office in New York City? I'll put together an itinerary for you and cover all of your travel expenses." He paused, then added with a twinkle in his eye, "But you must promise to bring me a souvenir from wherever you go!"

Isaac thanked Mr. Anderson for the offer, but his mind was already in turmoil. On one hand, he wanted to take this chance and start a new life, but on the other, he was leery of leaving everything he knew behind. He walked away with mixed feelings, his mind fighting with itself over whether he'd be be able to survive a 'normal' job.

In the distance, Isaac heard a rumble of thunder and soon after, a light drizzle began to fall from the sky. Instinctively, he looked up; it was as if his childhood memories were suddenly coming back to him in an instant. 

A surge of fear rushed through his veins as he remembered being alone, afraid and lost in a devastating hurricane that had hit his hometown many years ago. He could still hear the sound of raging winds and see the darkness descending upon him like an unstoppable beast. He remembered huddling in a corner and trying his best to cover himself with whatever he could find - blankets, pillows - all while praying for the storm to end quickly. 

That moment felt like it lasted forever and even though he knew that there was no real danger anymore, Isaac found himself trembling at the thought of it all. His heart raced faster than ever before as tears started streaming down his face uncontrollably. All these years later, Isaac was still haunted by this childhood memory - one that had shaped who he was today and would likely continue to haunt him for many years more to come.


© 2023 Abram Heron


Author's Note

Abram Heron
Any suggestions or comments are more than welcome:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on April 24, 2023
Last Updated on April 25, 2023
Tags: Opportunity, work, life, balance


Author

Abram Heron
Abram Heron

San Antonio, TX



About
You could say I’m an aspiring young author with a vicarious desire for chasing storms. I’ve had this story bouncing around my head for years and now I am trying to write its draft. I am a.. more..

Writing
1. The Storm 1. The Storm

A Chapter by Abram Heron


2. The Girl 2. The Girl

A Chapter by Abram Heron





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5