What is Space?

What is Space?

A Story by Aidan Taylor
"

I wrote this in about 30 min. I was feeling sad so I needed to write something. I don't really know if it will make sense to people & I probably need to do a better job revising it. I hope you like it

"

Space… Space… What is space? Is it what we look up to at night to see the stars and planets look down upon us? Is it the time we spend apart from the person we love when we can’t be with them? Is it the distance between here and there? Is it when we stare blankly into nothingness and gaze upon what is ever in our field of vision thinking of whatever but not paying attention to the things around us? What really is space? Well it’s all of the above, but why do we call it space? If you look up space it gives you these definitions: a continuous area or expanse that is free, available, or unoccupied, the dimensions of height, depth, and width within which all things exist and move, position (two or more items) at a distance from one another, be or become distracted, euphoric, or disoriented, especially from taking drugs; cease to be aware of one's surroundings. That’s space, so now you expect to stop writing about this irrelevant piece of word? No, I won’t because space is much more deeper than that, it has a more profound meaning. What is this meaning you ask, well I’ll start with this, space is the something within nothing. Makes no sense right? Well if you think about it space is something that is nothing and something is within every inch of space. Because you see nothing is something cause well nothing is something and I can’t explain it more than that. Space has people in it, it has planets and stars and even though time does not move in space, space holds time itself. How does that make sense? Well there is no such thing as time in the singular, because according to Einstein, time passes differently through different observers depending on their motion. So if time does not exist then why do we keep track of time? Why do we sleep when we see the darkness us space and call it bed time/night and walk around the Earth when the Sun is hovering over us and we can see the world for it’s true but false beauty? For true beauty only exist when the world is dark and everyone is quiet and no lies are being told from the mouth but only our heads that we can then tell the world about, that may be true but are more than likely lies that we so happily believe because well most lies sound better than most truths. See truth is told at night when true space shows us it’s true color. Yes, space has light in it by the Earth shields us off from the true beauty told by space, see space tells us that even in darkness there is light but the atmosphere and sun love to tell lies because they block out the darkness of space and show us the lies of the blue skies. The moon and stars show us what truth really is by showing us the beautiful darkness of space. Like I said true beauty exist at night when the ugly truth is being told, people are staying up late at night destroying themselves, drinking, cutting, crying themselves to sleep see space and darkness show us truth. For light hids it even though we think we see the world better we don’t because it’s all a lie! The Sun lies to us by covering up the darkness and the Earth lies to us by not showing us space all day. The moon and stars are the truth and why is that? Why must we be lied to by the thing we can’t live without? I don’t know. I can’t really describe space, all I can do is ramble about the things within, the lies told being told and truth we don’t always see. We say we can’t see with darkness, that we need light to see, that is partially true. A writer can not write without light, a painter cannot paint without light, a n artist cannot draw without light, a shooter can not aim at is target without light, etc. We need light for some truth but all truth comes in the darkness and if we lie in the dark we must be the devil himself. The things I said may be irrelevant to space, but is it really? Because don’t all things exist in space?


© 2016 Aidan Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
L J
thought provoking :) interesting ideas and comparisons you used

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 25, 2016
Last Updated on May 25, 2016

Author

Aidan Taylor
Aidan Taylor

CA



About
I'm a young man who loves to write even though I can't write very well. I understand this cruel world as my days go on and I see the true beauty in things as life goes on. I care too much for people.. more..

Writing