How Terrible But Amazing Life Can Be

How Terrible But Amazing Life Can Be

A Story by Aidan Taylor
"

Short story version to its upcoming novel.

"

Bell rings, I get up quickly and try to move fast and swiftly through all the kids around me. I walk down the halls only to see the girl that left me when our love was so deep. I miss her, I honestly really do but it's been 3 years since that terrible week. She left me cause I'm a mess up and I hate myself everyday of it. She thought I cheated when I didn't... well I told the girl no, that I wanted nothing to do with her anymore because she did not deserve the love I had for although I loved this girl more. I quickly walk toward the front of the school only to see her beautiful sad face in the windows of the weight room walking right behind me. I remember the day I humiliated myself in front of the school trying to get her back, poster, flowers, her favorite candy, everything I could do that I thought would get her back. She spat in my face all of those times, sometimes I had others I didn't. She seemed as if she would be mine again but little did I know I would never truly love again because the time she didn't want to talk to, the time she had to talk with other guys was the time I destroyed my body... I didn't like watching my blood run down from my forearms through my fingers into the shower drain, but I did it cause if she felt happy while I was hurting than I would rather feel pain everyday knowing she is happy.

I sat down at the benches near the gym, she would sit there talking with her friends or sitting by herself waiting for her mum. I sat there with my hood up while my eyes teared up, they haven't done that in about 5 months. I was away for 3 years we had not seen each other and we barely talked to each other. Sometimes I wonder if she remembered how in love with me she really was. She stood up because her mum was finally here, I gazed up at her and she did the same. She walked over to me saying my name, asking how I was, I replied with "okay." She had to go so we couldn't talk but for once in these lonely and horrible three years I felt at home. Her mum drove away and I got up and skated home in the hot Californian sun.


I got home and my parents weren't home, they were gone for vacation and wouldn't be back in about a month. My sister was at her friends so it was just me and my dog. He was still so playoff, he acted so young. My phone buzzed with a text and I looked to see who it was from. Her name popped up! Just think how excited I was. I immediately replied back with a simple "Hey," she instantly read it. Oh, boy could this be love? We talked for hours and then on the phone, it was a friday and I asked if she wanted to go. She said sure and I took to Red Robin, the first place I took her on a dinner date in eighth grade. That Monday I asked to be mine again and she said yes!


It was the last month of school and I still felt sad, I had the girl of my dreams in my hands once again and yet I was still sad? I guess so huh? I still had depression but it was lifted a little because she took some of the weight off my shoulders. I wanted to go and run away before my birthday, I mean I'll be 19 in less then a month now and she's 18 so legally, it's okay. I was moving to England to attend University and she was able to get in with an academic scholarship so we were set. I was actually going to be with the girl I loved.

We were in England and that year I got called up to play with the USA rugby team in the World Cup in Japan that year. I won my first World Cup, the US's first ever World Cup triumph and I was playing with the Saracens so I was getting paid nicely. Her and I were happy together but I was still sad. I still cut and I still planned suicide but why? My life was finally how I wanted it to be. On New Year's Eve, we went to a party at Allianz Park where I played rugby. It was fun and exciting and we had a good time but the new year brought something to us.... a baby!


It was finals time for school and rugby. I passed all my finals and won Europe and the English Premiership with the Sarries. What a great year I have been having, amazing how you can from depressed to be happy. That all change when her and I got into the accident. We were driving home from a night on the town, laughing and jamming out to our favorite songs in the car. A drunk drive hit the side she was sitting on and we got knocked out. She was brutally crushed and had ad 20% chance of survival the doctors saved her but she was to be disabled for a long while. That's when depression hit again.


20 years of age and my wife and little boy were not doing all good. My son Leigh had a lung problem and my wife was not able to stand and really speak for some odd reason. In about a year God took them both away from me. I was so devastated I had to take off of rugby and school... I could not breath most of the day I could not see very straight. I threw up a whole bunch and looking at our pictures everyday was like committing suicide... I died everytime I looked into their beautiful blue eyes. Getting back into the swing of things was hard I was without my creation and the girl that brought me hope. I did everything I could to save them how could God be so cruel? I still had faith in Him though because I knew He had something planned.


Winning was all we did at the Saracens and with the U.S. It was a lot of fun playing rugby. I graduated school and it sucked cause the girl I loved wasn't back there receiving her major degree. She wasn't going to be a doctor she wasn't going to grow old with me. She rotted away in dark wooden small cave, under the ground with my son by her side. I visited them every week and never missed a day. They called me plant man cause of all the flowers i would bring.


I was slowly dying and I didn't know it till I collapsed during a big match against Northampton. the doctors didn't know what was wrong but I passed at the age of 23. I was finally laying next to my babies. Our tomb stones had the sayings, "Long Live The, King, The Queen and Little Prince Leigh."

© 2016 Aidan Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on May 26, 2016
Last Updated on May 26, 2016

Author

Aidan Taylor
Aidan Taylor

CA



About
I'm a young man who loves to write even though I can't write very well. I understand this cruel world as my days go on and I see the true beauty in things as life goes on. I care too much for people.. more..

Writing