The Boy Who Wanted To Fly

The Boy Who Wanted To Fly

A Poem by Aidan Taylor
"

This story is about a girl who loved a boy that wanted to fly high in the sky.

"
I once knew a boy who wanted to fly, he was tall and tan with the prettiest blue eyes. Growing up he loved flying his kite, he loved the way it went so high. Growing up he loved planes, he loved how they soared through the sky. The boy was cute and shy and he made me get sick with butterflies. We grew up together, walking home and playing after school, we would always fly his kite cause he thought it was cool. During school the boys would play while he sat down looking at the planes. One day some mean boys grabbed me, he shouted, "Let her go!" They started laughing. They let me go and picked him up, stripped him down and through him in the mud. The stole his things and beat him with glee. How could boys be so cruel? Don't ask me. This would go on for many years then the boy I deeply loved started destroying his skin. I once knew a boy who wanted to fly but his dream was fading as the years went by. The boys he did nothing to destroyed him because he wanted to fly. Don't they have dreams too? I asked as time went by. Time went on and the boy I loved always cried. He still walked me home making sure I was safe, only if he loved me wouldn't that be great? Senior year rolled along and the boys still picked on him for wanting to fly, he didn't care because his dream was still in his eyes. I once knew a boy who wanted to fly, he cried in the bathroom because these boys wanted him to die. He asked me to prom and I was happier then a buzzing bee. Oh boy next step is marrying me? The night of prom he laughed with me and we seemed as could be, little did I know I was preparing to soar without me. That night he kissed me and from that point on he and I both knew we were meant to be. The day of graduation was so exciting he kissed me but while we waiting to be called he went to go pee. He didn't come back for a while and they called his name 3 times before moving on to me. As I walked to get my diploma everyone's gaze turned to the second story of the math building. There the boy I loved was standing high above the concrete. We looked at me and stared so helplessly, can I save him I thought before he jumped from that hideous building. I ran and yelled his name I saw his mouth move and then he stared off into space. He jumped and for that moment my heart stopped boy the boy who wanted to fly had just taken off. I bet he felt so free, his dream came true before he crashed right in front of me. I ran to his body laying in a pool of blood, he looked like he was finally at peace. I laid next to him only to discover a not in pocket, saying, "Mum I flew! Oh Cristy by the way I always loved you." The boy I loved was gone and I felt completely empty. The only thing that made me feel happy was the fact that the boy who wanted to fly...finally fulfilled his dream to fly.

© 2016 Aidan Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on May 26, 2016
Last Updated on May 26, 2016

Author

Aidan Taylor
Aidan Taylor

CA



About
I'm a young man who loves to write even though I can't write very well. I understand this cruel world as my days go on and I see the true beauty in things as life goes on. I care too much for people.. more..

Writing