Caroline's Coloring Book..by Michael

Caroline's Coloring Book..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

There are some items of ours that we save as a kid. One of those was Caroline's coloring book which was kept from grammar school. Her talent led her to be an art major which was carried over to high school and college. This book was her beginning and was saved for that purpose, a memento to be treasured. It was taken from apartment to apartment as she had moved out of her parents house after graduating college. Caroline was now a successful graphic designer at a major advertising agency. Her hefty salary allowed her to finally buy her own home. The thirty six year old finally got out of those apartments that were rented and now had her own house. She unpacked everything, however her coloring book could not be found. Some tears ran down her cheeks as the object of her childhood had somehow got lost. Carl moved into his first apartment and noticed a coloring book sitting on the kitchen table. It was where Caroline used to live just before. It had her name and new address which she colored in on the last page. He knew this must be of some sentimental value to her as he decided to go to that new address and return it to her. The doorbell rang and she opened the front door. He introduced himself and then said, "I think you left this behind". Caroline was quite shocked at this unexpected return of her favorite childhood memento. He was invited into her home as she thanked him with a big hug and a tearful smile. Two years later the bride and groom sat at their wedding table. Next to the main dish was Caroline's coloring book.....Maybe we save something and somewhere it is left behind. The reason being for someone else to find it and bring it back to them. Case in point in a short love story about something returned and something received in the form a future marriage thanks to Caroline's coloring book........
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 16 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So cute. It made me smile.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

I am glad to that for you, nice smile by the way.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
1 Review
Added on June 12, 2014
Last Updated on June 12, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing