Geraldine's Tree House..by Michael

Geraldine's Tree House..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Geraldine finally had enough money saved to buy her own home. It was in the same city, just a different neighborhood. The real estate agent showed her the property and took her on a tour of the house. There was a main floor on street level and a set of steps that led to the basement which led to her outdoor backyard. The same setup as she once grew up in at her parents house. It reminded her of a tree house she used to climb in that backyard. The forty year old hired a contractor to build one just for her. A fond childhood memory was completed in four days. Geraldine climbed the ladder and sat inside. A view of her neighbors backyard was visible from where she sat. Her amazement was understandable as she saw a man about her age climb a ladder to a tree house in his backyard also. They looked at each other the exact same time with eyes wide open. Both climbed back down the ladder and somehow met each other halfway to each others home. Their intentions were to talk about this weird and similar circumstance, and so they did just that. A former childhood boyfriend and girlfriend used to play in her tree house a long time ago. They began to date once again as adults, which led to a proposal of marriage. He now lives with her in the same home. The loving pair walked down the basement steps and into their backyard. She climbed the ladder first, as he followed. They sat there holding hands, overlooking their past and present, and future life together in Geraldine's tree house...Maybe two people move for a first home in same neighborhood. A reason to believe that beginning and ending loves may climb a ladder up to Geraldine's tree house....Case in point in a short love story about two childhood romances that climb a ladder into adulthood, and eventually Geraldine's tree house.....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 16 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on June 22, 2014
Last Updated on June 22, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing