At An Outdoor Pool...by Michael

At An Outdoor Pool...by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Roberta dozed off on her lounge chair at the outdoor pool. Her ten year old  daughter was trying to catch a butterfly as she fell into the deep end of pool where the lifeguard was sitting. The little girl couldn't swim in deep water as the lifeguard noticed that and immediately jumped in. He raised her up from under the water and managed to place her on the ledge. Roger did mouth to mouth, then chest compressions as the ten year coughed up and spit out the pool water that filled her lungs. Mom had already woken up from the commotion and raced over to her daughter. No ambulance was needed as the little girl smiled and hugged the lifeguard, then her mother. The rest of the guests there applauded this rescue as a tragedy was avoided. A single mom was then introduced to a single lifeguard named Roger. They spent the rest of the summer together and got to know each other. The following summer Roger took off from work as being the lifeguard. Instead he was a special guest that arranged an outdoor wedding at an outdoor pool. The eleven year old was the bridesmaid as she avoided trying to catch a butterfly which flew around the outdoor pool....Maybe romantic trails lead us to a summer resort where a life is saved. The same place where a new family begins. Case in point in a short love story about Roberta and Roger, where we find a new beginning at an outdoor pool...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 16 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
Added on June 27, 2014
Last Updated on June 27, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing