Of Things To Come..by Michael

Of Things To Come..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Pamela was sitting in her backyard enjoying the summer sun. The fluttering of wings was heard as it grew closer and a Robin landed gently on her shoulder. It chirped once, then gave a small peck on her cheek which felt like a kiss, then flew away. Very strange indeed but nonetheless, she was comforted by this weird event. One week later a new bar opened in her neighborhood called "Robin's Place". Pamela laughed out loud as she remembered the strange incident in her backyard. A young man introduced himself as he offered to buy her a drink. She accepted Paul's offer as a mutual attraction was felt right away. He told her of his strange experience in his backyard as her eyes widened in disbelief. The exact same thing had occurred to her which she related to him. "There must be some reason for this, for it happened to both of us", he said. "I agree, only time will tell why", she replied. The incident was forgotten until three years later after serious dating, it became very clear to the both of them. At an outdoor wedding the sound of fluttering wings approached the married couple. Two Robins landed on each of their shoulders and gave a small peck on both of their cheeks. It felt like a familiar kiss...Maybe it was a sign or an omen of things to come. Case in point in a short love story about Pamela and Paul, where backyards and robins send a message of things to come...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 16 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read another work of yours and I like you caring the same motive here by giving the people in the story names starting with the same letter. I like these stories about true love and true destiny.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Cristina for this beautiful compliment. I beleive we seem to think alike.
Very sweet...I liked it very much.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it Kobe, thank you.
This is cute, I like it! Unique and fun.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you for enjoying it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 28, 2014
Last Updated on June 28, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing