From A Backyard Garden..by Michael

From A Backyard Garden..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Ashley moved into her first new home. It had a backyard garden which was something very new to her. She thought of her favorite flower and decided to plant some roses there. They bloomed and were absolutely beautiful. One Saturday morning while watering her garden, she saw her next door neighbor for the first time. He also was watering his backyard garden in the first home he had bought also. Only a few feet away from each other both noticed the others garden. "So, I see you like roses also" Anthony said to her. "I sure do" Ashley replied. The two new neighbors got together that day to say hello and get to know each other. Red roses was a common theme from their backyard gardens that attracted them to each other in the first place. Besides that, they both had a lot in common and started to date each other. Two years later Anthony sold his home and moved in with Ashley. The following summer they got married. It was their anniversary next season as they both sat in their backyard garden. He cut a single red rose and brought to her as they both smiled and remembered how it all began. From a backyard garden...
Maybe romantic trails start with moving into a first time new home. Neighbors discover one another from a few feet away, and love blooms from a backyard garden...Case in point in a short love story about Ashley and Anthony, where we notice was meant to be...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 16 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really cute story, I wish you could format it better. As i am dyslexic, it is really hard for me to follow row by row and some spacing and paragraphs would really improve your work greatly!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Micheal, for such a short piece you packed a lot into it. I enjoyed reading it very much.
Will

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

I try to do that as the words make the story seem longer than it is. Glad you liked it and thank you.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 29, 2014
Last Updated on June 29, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing