Group Therapy..by Michael

Group Therapy..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Roberta joined a group therapy session for her depression. Meetings were  three times a week and the price was affordable. The group consisted of four men and four ladies as they all sat around in a circle with the therapist in the center. One by one they told their story as the other members listened and commented afterwards. The therapist addressed each one, then the group as a whole at the end of each session. There was a big improvement after a month as four out of the eight members left the group feeling cured. Two weeks later the group consisted of only two people, Roberta and Robert. They were the only ones that shared the exact same problem. A depression caused from being lonely and not feeling wanted. The therapist said to both to them, "I will leave the two of you alone to discuss what you both feel." He noticed the way that they looked at each other during previous sessions and had a good feeling about the final outcome. His hunch was right as Roberta and Robert decided to see each other. "Let me know how it all works out for the two you", he said to them. That was their last group therapy session. Six months later the therapist got a phone call from Roberta. "He surprised me with an engagement on my birthday and I accepted", she said in a choked up voice. The therapist was invited to their wedding along with the other six members of that group...Maybe members are cured one by one, until there are only two left. The final result in a short love story about Roberta and Robert, who used to be in group therapy...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
Added on July 17, 2014
Last Updated on July 17, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing