Andrea's Clown..by Michael

Andrea's Clown..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Anthony's eleven year old daughter loved the circus. Her favorite part of the show was when the clowns were introduced. They made really laugh and she always felt better after the performance was over. It was sort of a healing thing for her whenever she felt a little sick or depressed. Her name was Andrea. When she turned twelve years old, she went for her regular check up with the family doctor. A wheezing sound was discovered and the doctor to some X-rays of her chest. It revealed a cancerous tumor in the right lung. She had to be hospitalized and started on radiation treatment. It didn't look good as the doctor told her father. "It's only a matter of time now, maybe six months to a year before her time is up". Anthony cried as the doctor put his arm around his shoulder. "Just visit her when you can and be cheerful", the doctor said. "I will for sure", Anthony replied. After two months Andrea's dad had a great idea. He visited his daughter dressed up as a clown with a rented costume and full make up. At first Andrea thought maybe a special visitor from the circus had come to see her. Then within ten minutes she knew it was her dad. The little girl smiled and laughed and cried at his funny routine. She hugged her dad around his neck and said "you make me feel a lot better now". One month later the doctors were baffled as the cancer was completing gone. He took his daughter back home and she dressed up as a little girl clown and made daddy laugh and cry at the same time...Maybe healing and a miracle is rented in a store that sells different costumes. A favorite thing that heals a child who needs it when the time is right...
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on August 4, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014
Tags: fiction, fantasy, romance, short story

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing