Eight Cherry Tomatoes..by Michael

Eight Cherry Tomatoes..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Barbara just loved cherry tomatoes as a topping on her pizza. For her it was as common as mustard on a hot dog, or ketchup on a burger. She went to a local pizza place in her neighborhood one Saturday afternoon. Two slices were ordered as she took them to a table and sat down. Barbara opened up her zip lock bag and took out eight cherry tomatoes. Four were placed on one and four on the other. At the table next to her, a young man about her own age sat down with two slices also. What happened next was the strangest thing she had ever seen. He took out a zip lock bag and took out eight cherry tomatoes. Four were placed on one and four on the other. She just had to get his attention and tell him what just happened. "Excuse me", she said as he looked at her. Then Barbara pointed to her two slices and an empty zip lock bag. "Now that's the strangest thing I have ever seen, as I thought that I was the only one that did that". She invited him over to her table as they enjoyed their second slice together. Their first date was set up for the following weekend. It lasted for three years which would now reach their final destination together. It ended up at a wedding table with four slices and sixteen cherry tomatoes...Maybe romantic trails start in a local pizza place. It leads to somewhere they were destined to go to. Case in point in a short love story about Barbara and Barry, where zip lock bags and eight cherry tomatoes were there for a reason...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely little story, I'm sure everyone reading this can relate to this on some way or another with their own eccentricities

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Glad you liked it and yes, it's easy to relate to.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

223 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 10, 2014
Last Updated on August 10, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing