A Few Wooden Toothpicks..by Michael

A Few Wooden Toothpicks..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Benny happened to pass by his old grammar school when visiting his sister. She had moved back to the old neighborhood that they once lived in and grew up together. The sight of this old institution of learning triggered some memories that was dearly missed. Not only of the kids and friends he once knew, but of a little store just across the street from the school. A small popular luncheonette that quite a few of the students went to during their lunch break. His favorite meal was remembered and especially how it was served. This take out lunch would be put in a brown paper bag with ketchup included. Deep fried French fries sat in that bag as the man behind the counter would hand the kid a couple of tooth picks. This would stab each fry one at a time as opposed to the standard plastic fork used nowadays. Twenty eight year old Benny felt like a kid again as he sat down at the counter and ordered his old favorite lunch. Generations of a family owned small luncheonette kept one traditional practice. Fries were served in a brown paper bag with ketchup included. A few toothpicks were given as opposed to the plastic fork. Twenty eight year old Beverly sat next to him and ordered the same lunch. She passed by her old grammar school when visiting her brother. The two of them talked and found out they were former sweethearts from way back when. A special request was made two years later. It was to the caterer at their wedding. He brought out two brown paper bags with fries in them as ketchup was included. The married couple was handed a few wooden toothpicks...Maybe romantic trails leads to a favorite luncheonette. It continues on to a final destination at a wedding table. Ending up with a few wooden toothpicks...Case in point in a short love story about Benny and Beverly...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
Added on September 4, 2014
Last Updated on September 4, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing