Barbara's Butterfly..by Michael

Barbara's Butterfly..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Barbara found a cocoon which was spun around a twig from her backyard garden. She knew it was a caterpillar sleeping, just waiting to be transformed into a beautiful butterfly. The twig was cut and placed in a jar that was filled with water and kept by her windowsill, where the sun would shine through. Barbara didn't want to miss its birth as that is why she did this. It came to pass as the newly born butterfly emerged from it previous sleep. Before flying out the window, it landed on Barbara's shoulder. Maybe natures way of a small thank you for taking care of it with much love. The end of October rolled around and Barbara was invited to a Halloween Party. She dressed up in a butterfly costume. Her eyes noticed someone else in a costume of a caterpillar. She smiled at the strange coincidence. When the party was almost over, everybody had to remove their costumes and talk to each other about whom would win the grand prize for best outfit of this occasion. Barbara won as a young man approached her when the party was ready to end and the guest would leave. Barry congratulated her personally and told Barbara of his second place prize winning costume. It was of a caterpillar. This made them both relate their same stories of a twig in their backyard garden that was saved and placed on a windowsill. How unique that their identical experience had them select the costume of their choice. Two years later Barbara and Barry got their photo album of their wedding in the mail. The cover had them kissing of course. But was especially unique and beautiful, was Barbara's butterfly in the background...Maybe an urge to bring something of nature into their homes started it all. Then a party at the end of October sealed their destiny. Case in point where romantic trails takes us to where we need to go to. For Barbara and Barry, it ended up on the cover of their wedding album...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on September 16, 2014
Last Updated on September 16, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing