AA batteries...by Michael

AA batteries...by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Doris sat on a bench in a public park. After eating her lunch, it was time to relax in her lounge chair with her portable Walkman with ear phones. It was noisy out there and the soothing soft music would drown that out for sure. She didn't realize that her AA batteries weren't changed in quite a while. The Walkman went dead and the soft soothing music stopped. She cursed out loud as the guy sitting a bench away noticed why. He walked over to her with two brand new spare AA batteries that were taken with him just in case. Danny introduced himself and they both laughed at noticing both had their Walkman with them for the same reason and purpose in mind. That was how they first met and the rest of the afternoon was spent together. Alternating between both their benches, a new found company was most appreciated and enjoyed. Phone numbers were exchanged as they spent the remaining part of that summer together. Fall, winter, and spring followed as the two was still together. Love blossomed which led to an engagement ring put on her finger. Two summers later they were married. It was on their honeymoon when they both sat at the outdoor pool. He cursed from his lounge chair as the Walkman went dead. Doris laughed out loud and remembered when they first met. Then she walked over to Danny and handed him two brand new AA batteries...Maybe romantic trails starts in a park and ends up at a honeymoon resort. The common denominator being that of two brand new AA batteries....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Added on September 24, 2014
Last Updated on September 24, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing