The Last Chapter..by Michael

The Last Chapter..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Wendy walked up an down the aisles of the library. She was just browsing but didn't know exactly what she wanted to read. Eventually Wendy gave up and just sat at one of tables holding her head in her hands out of frustration. A familiar face sat down at that same table. Not one of whom she met in person before, but from a photo on the back cover of a book she had bought. He was the author of that book. She introduced herself as William responded with a smile. They talked that day until the library closed and felt a lot in common. In his mind he already had a special surprise for her which would be told on their first date which was accepted by her. William brought out his just released book of short stories. He asked her to turn to the last chapter and read it as she did just that. Her eyes widened in disbelief and then began to shed tears. The fictional short story described an author and a reader of his books who met in a library. Wendy and William were the names of the characters. They dated and eventually got married in that final chapter. Some time later in real life, Wendy accepted an engagement ring from William, just like it was written from his latest book...Maybe romantic trails has someone walking the aisles of a library. It leads to a table where dreams can only be served. A path of love starting and ending with the last chapter...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
Added on October 15, 2014
Last Updated on October 15, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing