Final Collection..by Michael

Final Collection..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Amanda was fascinated with butterflies ever since she was a kid. At sixteen years old she decided to start a collection. A small butterfly net was purchased along with container to hold them. The flat 12 inch by 12 inch display case was also needed along with a preservative cotton background that they would be placed upon. Amanda researched the places to go to in order to find them and what months would be best. Two years later at eighteen years old, her final trip was to begin. One more butterfly was needed to fill the display case which hung on her living room wall. It was in a country field about twenty miles from her apartment that she began her search. The final catch kept escaping her net as the frustration set in. Fifteen feet away, a young man the same age as her swooped down his net and caught the prize she was so desperately seeking. Amanda approached him and explained her situation and how important this catch was for her. Andy understood and with a smile he gave up his very first butterfly to Amanda. The two got along and started dating each other. He admired her finished collection and she agreed to help him catch whatever he needed to complete his own one. The last butterfly was caught by her as it was handed over to Andy with a smile. Collection complete!
Amanda gave a moving speech to the guests at her and Andy's wedding. She ended it by placing a butterfly net over his head as the guests hysterically laughed out loud...Maybe romantic trails begins with a hobby. A path of summer fields and summer months. It leads to a final collection of love between two people. Case in point in a short love story about Amanda and Andy, where we end up with the final collection....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
Added on October 22, 2014
Last Updated on October 22, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing