A Girl Called Jennifer..by Michael

A Girl Called Jennifer..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Her seeing eye dog was distracted for a moment by a cat that ran across the street. The light changed green for the cars to the left and right of her on this dark and foggy night. I raced to the middle of the road and pulled her to the sidewalk as the traffic raced by. Her dog stopped barking as I put his leash back in her hand. Jennifer was born blind and got through life which was almost taken away a few moments ago. She asked who I was and I told her my name as we walked together and talked on the way home. "Thank you my kind stranger for what you did tonight", she said as we approached her front door. Her dog licked my hand when I petted him a goodbye for now. She touched my face her fingers and said "now I know what you like". "Goodnight Jennifer", I said as I walked back to my car and drove home. It was maybe a month later when I returned and rang her doorbell. "Hi, it's me Michael, remember"? Her dog sniffed my leg, then licked my hand again. "Please come in", she said. We sat together on the couch in her living room. The dog rested one paw on my foot as if it was a welcome home greeting. Me and Jennifer starting dating and after one year it became Christmas Eve. She unwrapped my gift to her and I placed it on her finger. The dog sat up and barked as he licked both of our hands. Six months later she became a June bride and we kissed for the first time. I prayed long before that, she would see me again. Maybe it was an Angel on top her tree, who knows? Jennifer's eyes became clear and focused as a miracle happened. Her seeing eye dog was no longer that, just a pet dog now who no longer needed that special leash. He sniffed my leg and licked my hand just before he climbed into to bed with us. Maybe love happens along with a miracle on Christmas Eve. Case in point in a short story about a seeing eye dog, Michael, and a girl called Jennifer...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on November 25, 2014
Last Updated on November 25, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing