My One Hit Wonder..by Michael

My One Hit Wonder..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

It was a nasty divorce as she got custody of their twelve year old daughter. The ex wife moved out of state and his rights to visitation abruptly came to an end. The disappearance of his former wife didn't matter to him, but the daughter did. Dad missed her high school graduation and the years before where mom had taken away his relationship with the only person he really cared about. The now fifty five year old father thought about old times and remembered his daughters passion for music and singing. From another state she became a well known singer and her song was just a one hit wonder. A year of fame and fortune that faded away soon afterwards. The last concert was back in a city where she used to live. Dad was there but not noticed as there were so many faces in the crowd too far for her to see. He managed to get a few feet away from the stage and threw a red rose which landed by her feet. She picked it up and read a short card that was attached to it. "Daddy still loves you", it read. His daughter reached out her hand as held it. The father was pulled up and helped onto the stage. With the microphone in one hand, and the other around her fathers shoulder, she told the entire crowd who he was. It was her choice to move in with a dad that wanted to catch up on old times. There was a standing ovation as her story was told. Mom was prosecuted for illegally moving without notifying the father. A one hit wonder was not only a song, but a time in their lives when they finally got together once again. He tucked his daughter in one night in the spare bedroom just like old times. She whispered in his ear, "my one hit wonder"....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed reading your story. It was short and powerful and the details made me feel like I was a part of it. Keep up the good work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

I am so glad you enjoyed it May! Take a look at my 17 published books of short stories on my web sit.. read more
A very heartwarming story! You can really put emotions in small stories like this one, which is what I find great about your way of writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Dandelion!! My feelings somehow do transfer into the words and sentences of each s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 28, 2014
Last Updated on November 28, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5