A Labor Of Love..by Michael

A Labor Of Love..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Jack was a successful architect who also made dolls for his hobby. For his own personal pleasure he began a project in his spare time that would take just under a year to complete. The final product of this labor of love sat in the den on a huge table that he also constructed. It was three feet tall and two feet wide, a dollhouse with a homemade crafted doll who was the lady of this house. It consisted of two floors with bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, a den, and a spacious living room. Realistic furniture down to every detail sat there along with miniature lights in each room. It was a dream house and a masterpiece of design as he even named the lady doll Beth. Jack was rich but at the same time he was a lonely man. He often talked to the doll and even complimented her on how pretty she was. Jack put her in the bedroom and said goodnight to her before he went to sleep. She sat in the living room when he came home the next day from work and realized that was impossible as dolls don't move by themselves. He took her out of the huge dollhouse and held her in his hands. "Now how did you get downstairs into your living room"? He left Beth on the couch in his own living room while he went to the bathroom for a few minutes. A life size real live person was siting there when he returned. She had a tear running down her cheek and said, you loved me and I felt it, so here I am". He hugged and kissed her real face as she cried not questioning the strange miracle that occurred. His house was sold and a new buyer moved in. She noticed a huge dollhouse sitting on a large table in the den of her new home. Peeping through the small windows, the new owner noticed two dolls sitting in their living room on a couch holding hands. What a lovely couple, she thought to herself as Jack and Beth sat there together. Maybe loneliness is a two way street, even between a human being and an inanimate object. Love finds a way no matter how big or how small. Case in point where Jack and a doll named Beth now reside in a house built on a labor of love....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on December 1, 2014
Last Updated on December 1, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing