The Window Dressing..by Michael

The Window Dressing..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

The lighting was just perfect and the props were set in place. Both mannequins had been dressed in their winter attire as Michael then stood outside the display window for his final approval. He was the manager and lead designer of the display department in a well known shopping mall. His social life left something to be desired, but the lonely thirty year old found comfort and love within the confines of a window dressing that sold merchandise. Winter turned to spring and then summer as Michael was promoted vice president of store operations. He still had his hands on involvement in dressing the windows and with nobody else around, he would talk to his favorite lady mannequin. June rolled around and Michael hadn't shown for work in a few days and neither had he called in sick. The personnel director just got no answers when she tried to phone his home. One of the crew stepped outside his display window to make a final check on wedding outfits for a June bride sale. He had to look two, three, and four times at the groom as what he saw what just kept to himself in disbelief. Michael stood motionless next to a secret favorite lady mannequin. A first time smile could be seen under the perfect lighting from the window dressing...
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

good job my man hard to believe it but still okay i am no professional here but i thought if you could build some more suspense/tension about the whereabouts of this micheal character that would be fun..

All good things :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

I'll keep that in mnd and thanks for enjoying this short story.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
1 Review
Added on January 12, 2015
Last Updated on January 12, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing