A Mother And Daughter..by Michael

A Mother And Daughter..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

There is not a stronger connection than between a mother and her daughter. Born from the womb out of love, with same features and traits that makes them one and the same. Mom feeds her from birth and continues with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Advice given and homework is helped with. Sometimes they shop together and even argue about who is going to pay for it. However, that is settled with a smile from one or the other. Fourteen year old Roberta was late coming home from school one day and mom began to worry about her. The police couldn't do anything until she was missing for twenty four hours as most are considered just a runaway who will return home. It officially became a kidnapping case a day later. Three years went by with no witnesses or leads and finally after five years it became a cold case. Detective Carl Perkins brought in a psychic as a last resort and they worked together in private off the record books. They drove to a house in Connecticut as the detective called for backup units to assist. Roberta was abducted and forced to live as a slave in an elderly couple's home who had no children of their own. They were handcuffed and arrested as Carl held the girl in his arms and told her she was going home now. Mom heard sirens outside her window as a line of patrol cars approached her street in Brooklyn, New York. Neighbors left their homes and walked outside as mom did the same. Carl held Roberta's hand and walked down the street as mom was standing there to greet her. It was a moment where everybody cried as they hugged and never let go. Nineteen year old Roberta caught with mom on old times as they went shopping together the next day. Mom picked up the tab as her daughter smiled. The unexpected happens sometimes when there is a lost and found between a mother and daughter....
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on January 15, 2015
Last Updated on January 15, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing