From One Large Pie..by Michael

From One Large Pie..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

On those cold winter months every Friday was a ritual when I ordered one large pie for me and the girlfriend. Sometimes with extra cheese, sometimes with pepperoni and tomatoes. We would snuggle up together on the couch and watch a good movie as the slices slowly disappeared. Her name was Diane and we met in our senior year of high school. Our romance lasted through three years of college until her dad had a job promotion which had the entire family move out of state. That was back in 1975 and I remember kissing her goodbye at the airport just before she boarded the plane. There went my first true love, never to be seen or heard from again. Twenty years past and during the winter months of 1995 I sat alone as the doorbell rang. It was late December just after Christmas and right before New Years. A delivery boy stood there with one large pie in his hands. "I didn't order any pizza here, sorry you must have the wrong address", I said to him. He confirmed my address on the receipt but I was still puzzled. "May I use your phone sir to confirm who place the order"? The boy hung up as he turned to me and said, "it was called in by Diane". A horn honked from outside my front door as I went and looked. A hand held a cell phone outside an open drivers side window. The large pie had extra cheese, pepperoni and tomato on it as a long lost girlfriend sat next to me on the couch as we watched a good movie together. The wedding was plain and simple as my bride and I made some slices return and then disappear from one large pie....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow that was Beautiful. I love romance story's and to hear a real one like that is a great honor thank you. I don't have any corrections except is pie and pizza different? In my country they are so its a little confusing but oh well :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Over here when we say "pie", it's just a short version of saying "pizza pie". Glad you liked it and .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 7, 2015
Last Updated on February 7, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing