Coat Check No. 42..by Michael

Coat Check No. 42..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

I was looking back at something in my memory from the winter of 1981. Just another Friday night out at a local dance club. The coat check girl gave me a ticket as usual and it was number 42. This particular evening was a little different however, as before I left she said to me "check your pockets for something new". I did that when I got home and found her phone number. She was very attractive and so I made the call as a date was set up for the next weekend. It was during the afternoon for lunch at a restaurant which we both had been to before. The both of us laughed at the weird coincidence that each of us was 42 years old, the same number on that coat check ticket. The next incident that blew my mind was four years later when we set a date for our wedding. It was April 2nd which happened to be 4/2. Somehow coat check 42 played a major role in our lives. At 4:02 our first son was born, as looking back over the years we realized the pattern of what was to be. He told this story when he grew up and attended a dance club to the girl behind the counter who checked the coats in and out. Strange how she handed him his ticket when leaving as it read coat check number 42....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hahaha. This is a nice story about the lucky number 42. :D

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

It sure was..Hahaha

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2015
Last Updated on February 27, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing