Aquamarine Blue..by Michael

Aquamarine Blue..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Robert's first car was a graduation gift from high school. It was a 1969 Mustang with bucket seats, air conditioning, and a center console with an automatic T shaped stick shift. What impressed the eighteen year old was the color of his new car. Aquamarine blue, the most beautiful color he had ever seen. Every weekend in the driveway located in his parent's backyard, he would soap it down and then wash it with the garden hose. Finally it was waxed and simonized as mom and dad were so proud of their son on how he treated and took care of his new possession. Robert met his first true girlfriend in the freshman year of college. Eventually she was invited over to meet his parents one Saturday afternoon. She liked them as they also liked her. The four of them were happy campers. During the summer months Rachel spent some time in his backyard driveway, helping him wash and clean his treasured possession. She was also impressed by the color of his aquamarine blue 1969 Mustang. It was both of their favorite color for sure. Surprisingly the couple lasted and stayed together throughout the four years of college. Most young loves at that age tends to break up eventually, but not Robert and Rachel. The two twenty three year olds remained boyfriend and girlfriend and are now thirty years old. She visited his home one Saturday and held out her hand to show his parents an engagement ring that was given to her by their son. The four of them hugged and cried at this emotional event. One year later there was a traditional wedding. However there was one exception as the bride and groom wore aquamarine blue. Maybe favorite colors from long ago still have their special meaning. Case in point in a short love story about Robert and Rachel, where a tuxedo and a wedding dress remind them of something that continues to be aquamarine blue....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on March 7, 2015
Last Updated on March 7, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing