My Isabel..by Michael

My Isabel..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Perhaps what we dream may be interrupted, but so it shall continue. In this story there are two lovers whose dream will start on a cruise ship as they were about to be married at their final destination. It was the biggest and safest boat ever built but the designers forgot to include one important thing. That would be enough life boats for the passengers and crew in case of an emergency. He felt hesitant at first and tried to talk her out of boarding the boat from just an uneasy feeling in his gut. However she convinced him everything was just fine and would be alright. The couple sat in the large dining room area sipping on champagne and enjoying their dinner. A fog prevented the captain from seeing an iceberg as the ship suddenly hit it. The rest was history as we all know of the sinking of the Titanic. His last words spoken to her was "My Isabel"...The year is now 2011 and two people meet on a popular web site where they become friends. Their dreams are soon revealed to each other and the fear of water and boats was one of them. She described herself and told him of what she looked like and where was over a hundred years ago. "Your name was the same back then as it is now, but do you remember what mine was"? He wrote her back and replied "the last thing I remember saying to you was, My Isabel". A reply mail confirmed what she had believed all the time. There was a knock on his door from a surprise visitor. It wasn't the same face but the eyes revealed the same soul he once knew. He held her very tightly in his arms and whispered in her ear, "My Isabel"......Perhaps what we dream may be interrupted, but so it shall continue!

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on March 13, 2015
Last Updated on March 13, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing