Event Calendar..by Michael

Event Calendar..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Wendy made her usual trip to the kitchen to check out her schedule. It was in the form of a calendar attached to the refrigerator door by a magnet. Each day was circled with chores and events for that particular month. Such detail and planning was just a habit that left no room for the unexpected. A boring and predictable way of living life to say the least. that would change for Wendy the following weekend. April was no longer posted on the refrigerator door, but instead it showed the month of December. A confused Wendy noticed that all previous months were missing as she thought this must be a crazy dream. The news and weather confirmed that it was December. She remained wide awake as the end of the month had a place for her to go. "Meet Frank at the bar by ten P M". It wasn't even in her own hand writing, but she took her habit to heart on the event calendar and walked up the block that New Years Eve. A total stranger approached her and introduced himself as Frank. They ended up back at her place and woke up next to each other New Years Day. "Honey, I need to show you something", he said. Frank took her hand and walked Wendy into the kitchen. The snow from the night before disappeared outside and flowers bloomed just outside in the month of June. He pointed out a month in April on the calendar that was left blank by her. Beyond reality we may have a day or night reserved where she was supposed to meet somebody and finally did, but didn't remember why. June had a definite notation marked both by Frank and Wendy. It was their wedding day on the event calendar....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story with good surprise

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thanks for enjoying it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 16, 2015
Last Updated on March 16, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing