Next Years Calendar..by Michael

Next Years Calendar..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

There were some dollar bills and loose change in her pocket that the twenty year old found. The falling snow put out the fire from the garbage can that kept the homeless girl warm only a little while ago. It was New Years Eve and the company of a bottle of cheap wine was all she needed, or so it seemed. The man behind the counter in the corner liquor store sold her the wine and then closed up his shop. He followed her back to the alley which she called home. "I am alone this New Years Eve also, would you please join me for company tonight"? She smiled at the older man with a nice shirt and tie that showed beneath his open leather jacket and said, "yes, thank you for asking". He took the cheap bottle of wine from her hand and tossed it in the garbage can that sat in his kitchen. "No need for that, let's celebrate with some champagne". The forty year old owner of the liquor store and the twenty year old homeless girl sat on his couch in the living room and told each other of their life's experiences. "I sat there once upon a time in that same alley and found some dollar bills and loose change to celebrate New Years Eve just like you. I know where you are coming from and been there before". The two of them made love that night which was missed in both their young and older years. A new pen marked their wedding date on next years calendar....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on April 11, 2015
Last Updated on April 11, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing