A Loving And Peaceful Sleep..by Michael

A Loving And Peaceful Sleep..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

My name is Doris and I am twelve years old. My parents surprised the heck out of me with a birthday present last Saturday that I never would of dreamed of. It wasn't a doll or a toy, or clothes, but a living breathing live pet which I never even thought of would happen. A beautiful yellow canary already in its cage which would sit on the night table in my bedroom. I named her Cindy. Eventually she would come out of her cage as my bedroom door and window was closed so she couldn't get lost. My little new friend would fly around the room eventually landing on my pillow and then hopping onto my head. She would sing to me before we both fell asleep as then traveled back to the perch in her cage. When I became seventeen years old I woke up one Saturday morning to feed my Cindy her breakfast food treats and water. She was laying on the bottom of the cage on her back with those little feet curled up. Her glazed over still open lifeless eyes told me she had died and went to heaven. I held her in my hand and sang a lullaby that she used to sing to me. My parents and I sat in our backyard garden as she was buried and said goodbye to. It was one Saturday morning about a year later When I awakened by the fluttering of wings in my bedroom. The window was closed so that confused me. A small impression of two little feet were seen on my pillow and then I felt something land on my head. A familiar melody sang to me as I was lulled into a loving and peaceful sleep...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on April 22, 2015
Last Updated on April 22, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing