Doll House..by Michael

Doll House..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Dad was an architect and spent building a secret birthday present for his daughter Samantha. He timed it perfectly as she would be twelve years old when he finished the project six months later. That Saturday morning dad carefully and quietly placed it on the floor in his daughters bedroom while she was still sleeping. A doll house with two levels and six rooms. Furniture, characters, and all accessories included. A replica of Samantha, a butler, a chef, a maid, and a chauffeur were the little moveable dolls that would entertain her as she played. He watched his little girl play with the characters as she moved them from room to room along with the replica of herself. Samantha would talk to each and every one of them as she smiled, laughed, and cried as if her fantasy world was actually a reality. Its now been ten years since his daughter went missing. Dad got an invitation in the mail one Saturday morning. He would attend his daughters wedding six months later. Two characters were missing from that doll house which happened to be a replica of Samantha and the chauffeur. Dad walked his daughter down the aisle as he gave away the little doll to the groom in the black cap that drove her around. Maybe love happens in a little girls world of fantasy and a birthday present that eventually becomes a reality. Case in point in a short love story about dad, his daughter, and a chauffeur that now shared a dream about a doll house....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this story. It shows that things often happen that change the pattern of the fairytale. I didn't really understand when you said about his daughter going missing. I assumed that it may have meant the daughter he thought he knew, rather than her missing in a literal sense. Is this the way you intended it?

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

yes, you got it!



Reviews

I like this story. It shows that things often happen that change the pattern of the fairytale. I didn't really understand when you said about his daughter going missing. I assumed that it may have meant the daughter he thought he knew, rather than her missing in a literal sense. Is this the way you intended it?

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

yes, you got it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2015
Last Updated on June 10, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing