As They Both Were Smiling..by Michael

As They Both Were Smiling..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Diane was on her way back home from shopping when she spotted a Chinese restaurant. She didn't realize how hungry she was until that moment. After the car was parked, Diane was ready to walk in for a late lunch. Then she noticed an Italian restaurant only two doors away. The appetite was the same, but just now for a different of food. A fork in the road so to speak, where the distance didn't really matter but the choice certainly did! This was where she was to meet Danny, who happened to be eating the exact same dish of spaghetti at the table next to hers. Standing on line at the same time to pay the cashier was when they started to talk to each other. Phone numbers were exchanged as a mutual attraction was there along with the same dish that was ordered. Their first date was a dinner invitation to her place and Danny excepted. They both laughed out loud, then smiled at each other when two forks twirled around the spaghetti that she had made. He also was going home from shopping that day when he spotted that same Chinese restaurant. Danny saw the Italian restaurant and had the same change of mind as Diane. Two years there was a nice picture on their wedding album cover. The bride was feeding the groom a forkful of spaghetti as they both were smiling.....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
HB
Nice opening if it's the start of a novel. It's mostly narration with no scenes. Readers want to be there when the action happens. Is this the start of something or is this it? I can't review it without knowing. What happens after they get married? Do they live happily ever after? If so, no one cares. We want them to have trouble. Does her soul mate have a dark side? Is she bipolar and he doesn't find out until after the wedding? Where is the rest of it? I'm not tech savvy so it might be that I don't know how to navigate this website. If that's the case, please let me know. What gives...?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

Not a novel, just a short story.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
1 Review
Added on July 20, 2015
Last Updated on July 20, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing