Same Footprints As Before..by Michael

Same Footprints As Before..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

It was just before sunset when the last wave washed Sara's feet. Her footprints in the wet sand led back to the blanket which would be packed up along with other stuff for the ride back home. Just before she got there, the forty year old bent down and picked up a seashell. Sara didn't hear the usual sound of the waves, but something much more. "I'm here again".. a voice whispered from the hollow shell. A young man on a blanket about to leave also, not too far away held a seashell to his ear and listened to the exact same message. They looked at each other at the same time in a curious moment. A former boyfriend and girlfriend from those long lost college years was remembered. Sara and Steve were the last two people who left the beach that evening. Old times became new times once again as a spark was rekindled with two pair of footprints leaving after the sun had already set. The event was captured on the cover their wedding album the following summer. Whispering seashells was the background behind the kissing bride and groom...Maybe a message is given beyond the usual sound of the waves. For Sara and Steve it was a second chance to continue where they left off. Case in point in a short love story on a beach with a new sunset and the same footprints as before.....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You caught my attention, when you were talking about the whispers in the seashells...you formulated it quite....mysteriously, and with a good vocabulary, for example when you wrote: "Her footprints in the wet sand led back to the blanket which would be packed up...", I liked it very much!

I was even smiling a bit as I read this, I liked it!
Keep it up!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

We think alike and feel the same emotions. I like that!



Reviews

Many people will recognize the feelings this evokes, thinking about first lovers. Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You caught my attention, when you were talking about the whispers in the seashells...you formulated it quite....mysteriously, and with a good vocabulary, for example when you wrote: "Her footprints in the wet sand led back to the blanket which would be packed up...", I liked it very much!

I was even smiling a bit as I read this, I liked it!
Keep it up!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

We think alike and feel the same emotions. I like that!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

519 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 13, 2015
Last Updated on August 19, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing