Substitute Teacher..by Michael

Substitute Teacher..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Dorothy sat in her usual front row seat on the last day of class before college graduation. It also happened to be her favorite subject of fashion design. An unfamiliar face walked into the classroom, introduced himself, then proceeded to begin today's lesson. He looked very young to be a teacher, not too many years older than the students in her class. Glances were exchanged with subtle smiles between Dorothy and the substitute teacher. There was an obvious attraction between them, yet that was not noticed by any of the other students. The last day of class was over and Dorothy learned a lot that day. She was the last student to leave as she approached him. "Hello, my name is Donald, the substitute teacher for a day said. He tutored her that summer and prepared Dorothy for her future job applications at no charge whatsoever. She phoned him a few months later about being hired at a well known firm. The dating continued until year later. That was when they became husband and wife. She designed her own wedding dress as the groom was proud of what he had taught and what she had learned. Lessons not found in textbooks, but instead, matters of the heart. Case in point in a short love story about Dorothy and Donald, who just happened to be a substitute teacher that day...


[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I appreciate the exploration of the student-teacher relationship that are too often brushed off as a strange, risque concept/idea that are still so real for many people.

I feel that the short prose would be more effective if I were to feel that discomfort people have of it. If the story is intended to be happy through out the characters' life, I'd like to feel that auspiciousness, that good fortune addressed as well one way or another through dialogue or thoughts. I'd like to see a self-reflection between Dorothy and Donald and feel their happiness.

Thank you for this.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
1 Review
Added on September 13, 2015
Last Updated on September 13, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing