22 July 2010

22 July 2010

A Chapter by A.j. Joiner
"

The first journal entry. Establishing whats going on and introducing the main character

"

Thursday, 22 July 2010

 
 
I suppose an up-to-date timeline/history of events is in line. About a year ago, the Russian-Georgia conflict boiled over and took a more personal tone. The United States was lending support to Georgia to help maintain their sovereignty and Russia declared war upon the United States. Then, they launched an invasion of the mainland of the United States.
 
They landed in California, Texas, Maine and Florida. They had hoped to land on the extremities of the U.S. and then squeeze inwards. They expected minimal resistance from the U.S. military. What they didn’t expect was several pockets of civilian-turned-militia resistance. Civilians like us is what they didn’t expect.
 
As soon as word had spread that they had begun the invasion, myself and a few close friends rounded up weapons, ammo and food. We prepared for war. The Russians pushed from California to Texas and consolidated forces there. They pushed to the Mississippi River before they were stopped. The Russians in Maine pushed down to New York before they were halted and even pushed back some. The ones in Florida, well, let’s put it this way: our unit, ORCs, is the single largest U.S. military force in the area. We are what is keeping the Russian confined to Florida and the lower parts of Georgia and Alabama.
 
That’s pretty much what is happening. I am a Colonel in the ORCs and I command a battalion of hardened troops. The U.S. Military presence was almost completely obliterated in the initial battles. We are what remains. We are the last line of defense here. U.S. command has stated that if we ORCs fail here in Georgia, then the Russians will be able to consolidate their forces and take the rest of the U.S. I mean, of course, we have absolutely no f*****g pressure.
 
There won’t be much more in this entry, as I am preparing for an assault on a Russian fire base. They don’t know where our home base is, but they are too close. So, we need to remove them.
 
                                   Yours Very Truly,
                                   Colonel Alexis Dietrich, ORC


© 2008 A.j. Joiner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Strongly written. Good to see you back at the cafe, it's been awhile

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 12, 2008


Author

A.j. Joiner
A.j. Joiner

Millen, GA



About
So, after not being on here regularly for about 2 [or has it been 3] years, I've returned to my literary roots. It's been a long 2 [or 3] years and much has changed. I'm married, no longer in high.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by A.j. Joiner


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by A.j. Joiner