Dusk Rush

Dusk Rush

A Story by Nankya Yudaya
"

Tale of a soccer maniac

"
So on Friday my boss called me into his office a few minutes to close of business, he hardly ever does that - i was concerned but more for the game in anticipation, how could i miss Brazil battling it out with Belgium!? Not a chance! I was hoping and praying for my boss to make it snappy so i'd hit the road. He gave me an assignment - i suppose! my attention was divided. I just kept jotting away like a maniac and i am hoping he noticed i wasn't in the present but he assigned me duties anyway - "I need feedback on Monday", he said. That's all i seemed to have heard amidst a forest of words to which i kept responding "sure Sir"

Now, the impromptu meeting with my boss wasn't the worst part- i had to sit in traffic for the better half of the evening. Darn it! why is there impassible traffic when you're in a hurry? baffles me! - the upset was building up, about things that never got to bother me in the past. Then the hooting- why do some drivers do that in traffic? it's downright irritating! worse for someone whose evening was as slow as mine. Just then, my wife called ...."Honey i am driving -let me call you back" .... i suppose she'd not heard when i retorted and hang up, or she just wanted to be sure i was seriously using such a tone on her. The phone rang once more which coincided with the hooting from the car next to mine. I had pressed the answer button but i had also had enough of the hooting - i had to say something "what's wrong with you man, just shut up!"  ... next thing i heard was a beep, she'd hang up!
Knowing my wife, she'd not pick after what she'd confirmed, and now i had a marriage to work on... darn it!

By the time i reached home, it was 20mins into the game yet i had by all means to first ignore the game and make good with my wife. she hounded, to the best of her knowledge my insult was directed at her. It took me a good 15mins to restore peace in our midst, to a soccer enthusiast -that's too much time more so with the game already broadcasting. I was vexed but i had to feign calmness to rehabilitate my wife if i was to watch the long overdue game in peace.

Watching that game is one thing i wish i'd not done on Friday -it pissed me off the more and then Andrew had to call immediately after end of the game to ask if i'd watched how Brazil was unjustly exited!... God i'd never been so mad, not in a long time...  World Cup mania got the better of me and ruined my weekend!
 
I was up all night working on today's presentation - it was only last night that i grasped the idea of the task my boss had assigned  and now am panicking..... 

© 2018 Nankya Yudaya


Author's Note

Nankya Yudaya
Anybody facing such predicaments?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on July 9, 2018
Last Updated on July 9, 2018
Tags: WritersCafe.org members, world cup 2018, soccer, frustrated

Author

Nankya Yudaya
Nankya Yudaya

Kampala, Central, Uganda



About
Passionate about Arts, love travelling and fashion more..

Writing
Secrets Secrets

A Story by Nankya Yudaya