When It Rains It Pours

When It Rains It Pours

A Story by Nankya Yudaya
"

Story continues

"
Part 2

Andersen didn’t deserve this much pain! I remember he came to my apartment crying- the last time he’d cried, he was just a boy! _ it had become extreme!

As much as I wanted to offer my unsolicited advice, I knew I had to be careful, it was a sensitive matter and Andersen still loved this devil... scorned him for his little income, how could she do that?

“She knew your background before she accepted your marriage proposal, why is your status ignominious all of a sudden!?” I cried …

 

“It hurts, I still love her” he weepily said - at this point I hated myself for never telling him how I’d felt about him over the years, I knew I’d treat him better than Samantha.

 

The next appointment Andersen was jointly invited to was yet another session at Dr. Alman’s with a divorce file by Sam… I lashed out �" I had had enough pain on his behalf for a lifetime, this woman was being so unfair

“But who do you think you are?”... I asked….

“If you had a husband, a lousy one at that you’d understand Molly but since all your relationships end in break-ups, what do you know!?”

She had no idea how much I knew! �" I slapped the hell out of her which cost me by the way.

Andersen’s divorce left him fatherless and more broke than he initially were. I was more than willing to bear his cross but that was before he disappeared -all my attempts to trace him were futile and I just didn’t know what to do with myself.

 

Last night a black sedan pulled up my driveway and stayed put for a while, afraid, I called the police. With sirens blaring in a distance, windows rolled down in the sedan! No sooner had the tall-dark figure opened the sedan door, stood and faced the road than the police car pulled up by the pavement. This tall dark fellow stood still and faced the officers who had pulled out guns on him. Quivering yet curious, I persisted in the window…

“Put your hands where we can see them,” they said… he obliged and he was cuffed. It was all so fast but I wondered who my mysterious guest was �" a knock on the door…

“Ma’am you called the police!?” officer Bennet asked- “Yes” I said… “Who is your prisoner?” I asked...

“I am sorry to say but he’s Andersen Mora” he replied…

“What? Why would Andersen just show up at my house at this ungodly hour after two long years of silence and just decides to scare me?” I asked …

“Are you pressing charges?”...

“No no no! I blurted! Please uncuff him... Sorry for the misunderstanding officers.

 

He walked towards me and just then I heard Bennet on the phone

“Your ex-husband is in town and seems richer!” …

“How long has it been?” he asked with a smug! …

“Wipe that sheepish smug off your face, I said... you smell great, what’s with the sharp suit anyway!?”….. “Invite me in first,” he said….

“Don’t tell me you turned vampire!” I teased! ….

“Oh yeah, I turned better.” He said

“It’s evident! Alright,” I said

 

Two days later, Sam was at my house to see Andersen! I reckoned they had some unresolved emotions but I also knew Sam’s kind �" attracted to the better life! He refused to see her the first time, second time, third time he demanded she comes along with his daughters there’s nothing he wanted from her except the children. That night she called his mobile which he kept rejecting, so she resorted to my house landline, I picked and handed it to him “For you” I said �" I proceeded to the study where I listened in on their conversation….

“What do you want Sam? When are you bringing my kids?” …

“How long are you in town for?” She asked…

“Why?” He asked �"

“I was hoping we could go out for a cup of coffee, I haven’t seen you in a long time �" I’ve missed you,” she said.

“The nerve!” I reacted.

“I don’t like talking to you Sam, have you noticed!?” he asked �"

“Just coffee please, she pleaded �" I’d come with Amber and Sais, they miss you! �" “Are you just waking up to that realization? How many times had I visited and you hid them from me? What has changed? He said �"

“We could talk in person, how is tomorrow at 5?” �" Andersen just hang up!

 

Sam had won sole custody of the children and had frustrated all Andersen’s attempts to reach out to them. He was still struggling with a bankrupt restaurant, a heartbreak, post marital stress, the loss of his children and a divorce, it was just too much!

 

Sam arranged a park meeting with Andersen and the kids, he asked me to tag along. Sais who was now 8yrs came stood behind me with a flat face, she had seen a stranger �" Andersen had become that stranger, sad! Amber who was only 3yrs kept playing, running through our legs until she stuck up Andersen’s, tilted her head and innocently smiled up at him �" she was the cutest baby in the park!


© 2018 Nankya Yudaya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on July 11, 2018
Last Updated on July 11, 2018

Author

Nankya Yudaya
Nankya Yudaya

Kampala, Central, Uganda



About
Passionate about Arts, love travelling and fashion more..

Writing
Secrets Secrets

A Story by Nankya Yudaya