08-09-2016

08-09-2016

A Poem by Alice Poésy
"

Heart Anatomy Poetry #3 // words I left to die at the back of my mouth

"
But love,

What are you going to do,
when you're cloaked
deep in the night,
and you've reached 
the bottom of a bottle
and still 

can't see the stars?

© 2016 Alice Poésy


Author's Note

Alice Poésy
Just a little one I wrote.

I haven't been as active as much. I've been very much cloaked deep in the night and the traffic of life, so to put it. I hope to find the chance pretty soon to drop by your space. Kindness doesn't go unnoticed. Hope you're all doing well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

They are only temporary pleasures, here today gone tomorrow... When we are in a situation like that we hardly see what damage we are doing ourselves, no warning no advice work at that time, and behave like we are fine but we know where we are heading, we just do not accept the reality... I think it's a very peaceful way of conveying the message... Good to see you frnd...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

Such wise words, Dhiman! Denial can be such a dangerous thing.

Thank you so much for .. read more



Reviews

You almost describe's life's frustration in this poem. Perhaps there is no true "win" or "goal reached" and the ride is all we must enjoy. The stars, perhaps are really never meant to be see.

Enjoying your writing. I'll be back for more.

Posted 7 Years Ago


So dark and powerful, yet so peaceful! You paint with words and create the most beautiful and convincing images. You are a real poet!

Posted 7 Years Ago


That's a great question. I answered this for myself, long, long ago. I traded the bottle for a new lease on life and moved to a rural town with no street lights. Seems it worked because I see millions of stars now on cloudless nights.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

This is such stunning comment to go with it.

I hope you'll continue to find new const.. read more
WittyWonka

7 Years Ago

You are most welcome. I am really enjoying your writing because it resonates with me.
Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

I'm glad it does! I'm finding the same thing in your work.
They are only temporary pleasures, here today gone tomorrow... When we are in a situation like that we hardly see what damage we are doing ourselves, no warning no advice work at that time, and behave like we are fine but we know where we are heading, we just do not accept the reality... I think it's a very peaceful way of conveying the message... Good to see you frnd...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

Such wise words, Dhiman! Denial can be such a dangerous thing.

Thank you so much for .. read more
a poignant write, dark and somewhat peaceful, the drowning in drink or in sorrow, never really seeing the light of day as it is and only those around see the damage done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

Very well put! Those on the outside can sometimes see things more objectively than those on the insi.. read more
Says a lot in so few words. Such a powerful thought, hearing those words spoken at the intended, leaving them food for thought if they remember through the hangover. I gave up drinking for the most part three years ago because a friend was losing himself within the bottle. Turns out I lost a friend because of it and he still hits it hard. Could have done with showing him your words here, your words warn that you can't outrun life and boozing to forget only makes you remember. Great short piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

Such a bittersweet comment to read. Awfully sorry about your friend. When the curtains of alcohol ev.. read more
Lorry

7 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
That's a short but lovable piece though with a heavy content. I like the images a lot. You paint with words too, something a little dark and thoughtful but beautiful. I always imagine your poems like photos or scenes.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

V

7 Years Ago

Thank you again. I think we might drown in complimenting each other one day but what a pleasant way .. read more
Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

This is so true, haha! Wouldn't have it any other way, though.
V

7 Years Ago

Good, haha.
even if the bottom of that bottle is clear...the stars don't become visible with the help of what's inside.

clear vision is all that can help us see life in perspective.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

Ah, such wise words, Jacob. Indeed you are right. Thank you for stopping by!
You wrote a short and strong poem, like an alcoholic shot of life. Life is not always a beautiful drink on the rocks. I also like how the whole poem was a question. Great write. I hope the world around you relaxes. Have a great day! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alice Poésy

7 Years Ago

"An alcoholic shot of life" what a wonderful way to put it, Cyprian! I loved that phrase.
read more
Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

Thank you and thank you for the inspiration :)
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This poem is one descriptive, ironically sobering question alongside being a wonderfully brief write. Gripping, for its not-as-lengthy stature. :)

We can only run for as long as attrition hasn't kicked in. Whether that be us running away on foot, floating by on distraction, rafting away on the contents of a bottle, etc. We've all had our bouts with it, but you've vividly framed an accurate picture of the chase coming to a near-conclusion: Whomever, chasing after themselves. Or whomever, if this piece may be about someone else.

That's the beauty in it. This can span a fractured, distant relationship between two people, or this can be a me, myself, and I kind of write.

Wonderfully written, and forever a pleasure, Alice. x

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 18, 2016
Last Updated on September 29, 2016
Tags: heartbreak, drunk, night, poetry, life

Author

Alice Poésy
Alice Poésy

Europe



About
There's definitely something old but something pretty new; something borrowed and something very, very blue. 20 years old; redheaded, European and unapologetic. I like people who paint vivid pictur.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..