Unwanted

Unwanted

A Poem by Kelsey

Like captured grass that wilts and fades, the colors being drained.
Like leafless trees, their branches dead and broken.
Like falling snow that doesn't stick, it melts away and is forgotten.

I am the changing weather, the sadness that you find.
I am the grass that loses its life.
I am a tree that's stripped of its leaves.
I am the snow with no place to go, the weather not allowing me to stay.

Like falling rain on a sunny day, a rain that doesn't cease.
Like a stirring storm, loud crashes and bright streaks.

I am the rain that doesn't leave.
I am the storm over the sea, sailors begging me to ease.

I am everything you don't want to see,
I am the storm,
The storm is me.

© 2012 Kelsey


Author's Note

Kelsey
I don't usually write poetry like this, so I'd really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I often times feel like this, Abashed, Abused, alone.. I have two spectrum's to myself, The hopeless romantic, and the Psychotic freak. This poem is written very well, Its expressionism is well beyond depth, it pierces the very core of the heart. This is definitely a favorite of mine, and I look forward to reading more from you!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelsey

11 Years Ago

Thank you, dear, I really appreciate it. x
Jordan's Back

11 Years Ago

no problem. It was genuinely my pleasure!



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B30
This was SO good!

Every time you come up with something, I point to it and say 'that's your best work', and the next thing that happens, it changes my mind again!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelsey

11 Years Ago

Wow, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
Not a fan of dark depressing poetry usually but this piece has been very well expressed indeed. I think you have reached a new high point in your writing so far, as this was very deep and showed signs of maturity. Worthy of a 100.Looking forward to your next piece K.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelsey

11 Years Ago

Thank you, it means the world, and coming from a skilled writer such as yourself, it means that much.. read more
wow that was a different write for you. could easily feel the brewing of the storm with your description.. nicely done

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelsey

11 Years Ago

It certainly was, and I think that was the point of it. Thank you, once again.
I love how deep and painful of the poem it is.Great Job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelsey

11 Years Ago

Thank you. x
Wow this is really great. You have written another great piece that has caught my eye. Congrats again, I'll be sure to read more if they are like this. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelsey

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I really appreciate your kind words.
Ooh this is one of your best works, I think.

The descriptions of the snow that doesn't stick, and the faded grass... I mean, wow, that was brilliant.

Also, when you brought up the storm, I was like, meh... that wasn't too great. And then you turned it into a storm over the seas and brought the sailors into it and I was clapping internally. Really, this was wonderful.



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelsey

11 Years Ago

Oh my, thank you so much. Seriously, that means the world, thank you.
hi,Kelsey your poem is nice.the presence of different figure of speech makes your writing more wonderful.the feelings and emotion are there.why STORM?


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelsey

11 Years Ago

Thank you, that means a lot. I chose to relate it to a storm because that's kind of how my head feel.. read more
Favorite line: "Like falling snow that doesn't stick, it melts away and is forgotten."
Hmm, not sure the repeats were necessary, but still very very well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelsey

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
Very mature piece not only in presentation of the writing but presentation of the writer herself. You did your job and you did it well observed and smashed your competition like Robert Frost reincarnate. Not enough people even try to write about outside things like the weather. Well done seriously

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kelsey

11 Years Ago

Oh my, thank you so much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1307 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on September 19, 2012
Last Updated on November 2, 2012
Tags: storm, weather, sadness, poem, poetry

Author

Kelsey
Kelsey

WV



About
"It's funny how our past frames us; how the person we used to be never lets loose of the person we are. Past failures and disappointments, even victories take hold of us. They haunt us like ghosts, or.. more..

Writing
The Ultimatum The Ultimatum

A Poem by Kelsey


Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Kelsey


A Calling A Calling

A Poem by Kelsey



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Stabbed Stabbed

A Poem by Amanda