My Inner Genius

My Inner Genius

A Chapter by Alyssa

Chapter 7: My Inner Genius

 

The whole rest of the canoe ride we said no words about what just happened. I was very shy about even mentioning it or bringing it up and I knew Cody feel the same way. I was wondering what was going through his head, and if it was the same thing as what I was feeling.

Something about that kiss really electrified me, it felt real... I felt something. And I was curious as if he did too.

It got me kind of worrisome too though, would this danger our friendship? That one kiss could change everything, but I wasn't good with change... I no matter what always want to be best friends with Cody, even if I was also something else with him. As I was rambling in my head we rowed our way back to the dock, conversing about our childhood a little and somehow got to the topic our hockey teams for school, what positions we play and what-not.

 

We reached the dock and Cody held onto it so I could get out. He dragged the canoe against the tree again with no sweat and walked up the stairs to the deck. The bench there was now used by a woman with light brown hair, and of course, the same olive toned skin as everyone else. She was reading a thick book with her reading glasses. She looked up from the noise of our footsteps, and smiled gently, putting the bookmark into the pages and placing it on the table.

“You must be Desiree.” She stated interestedly.

Her face was very pretty; she had high cheekbones and almond shaped eyes like Cody’s. Her hair flowed to her shoulders around her face, which had a beauty mark right above her right eyebrow. She was shorter than me, maybe 5’3 and had a petite build, but curvy.

 

“This is my mom, Anne.” Cody said.

“Nice to meet you.” I smiled.

“Same to you! Did you and Cody go out canoeing? You both look like you fell in!” She said grazing her eyes up and down with wide eyes of wonder.

“Yeah, Desiree told me a funny riddle, and I knocked us over.” Cody explained casually.

Anne rolled her eyes, rubbing his back. “Well of course you did. Cody’s not the most graceful one in the house.” She gave me a wink. “I got to head towards the kitchen and start dinner, are you staying for dinner dear?”

I thought quickly about my dad and how he probably has a meal planned out for June and I, like always.

“Um, I’m not sure… I‘ll have to ask my dad.”

“No problem just let me know.” She said and got on her toes to kiss her son on the cheek before she went inside.

Cody closed his eyes embarrassed. “Sorry, she is a bit too friendly when we have people over.”

I looked at him reassuring. “No, she’s great… I take it you guys don’t usually have someone new around.”

He pursed his lips. “Nah… not really.”

He pulled me by the arm gently to sit on the bench with him, his long arm behind me along the back of the bench.

“Do you enjoy tugging me around like that?” I asked a little annoyed.

“Yes I do.” He said ignoring my tone.

There was a pretty out-look of the lake in front of us. I looked at him and noticed two little scratches on his nose, which reminded me about the scar on his neck; I looked at it, the one I saw when we were driving in his truck back to my house after eating at the diner last week. I then started remembering, and thinking about the questions I had that still hadn’t been answered. The scar on Cody’s neck, how he knew where I lived, why one of his cars had claw lines along the side, why Jack runs around barefoot. But that one probably is irrelevant. I turned and snuck a peak at his scar again.

“You know… I feel like I know you so well, but then sometimes… I feel like I don’t. Its strange.”

I glanced at him, studying his reaction. He was staring out at the water, the setting sun lighting his blank face, and his eyes reflected the sun, full of deep thought. He looked down, and back up again in front of him. His furrowed brows leaving a shadow, so I couldn’t see his eyes.

“I know.” He said reluctantly, still looking forward.

I looked at him closely, my eyes squinting. “That’s it? ‘I know?’ You got to give me more than that. You know what I saw when I went up to your door earlier? I saw that old mustang in your driveway… the one with the claw marks smeared on the side.” I said intently.

He exhaled sharply, scratching his head roughly. “Yah… I know.”

I leaned forward crashing my head on top of my hands. What the hell is he keeping from me?

I groaned annoyed.

“I’m sorry, Des… I really am.” He said sounding annoyed with himself. I couldn’t see him, but I could guess his face was wrinkled together of frustration. I looked at my feet through my fingers and fallen hair.

“I know, but I’m your best friend Cody. And you’re keeping something from me, something huge. Something I need to know about, our friendship can’t work this way, through secrets.” I whined; my voice muffled in my hands. I felt his hand lay on my bent back.

“You think I want to keep secrets from you? I don’t. There’s been so many times where I was so damn close to telling you. I know I got to tell you eventually, but here isn’t the place, we got to be alone.” He recited.

I turned my head towards him. “Are you in the FBI? Or like a spy or something?” I asked.

He laughed. “No.”

“Ugh. I got nothing then, what could it possibly be? Nothing else seems that importantly secret.”

“Oh trust me it is.” He said patting my back. I straightened back up and looked at him suspiciously.

“You know, no matter what it is… I’m not leaving you.”

“I know.” He said again, but not convinced. He got up from the bench and walked inside.

“I know.” I mocked to myself and pulled out my phone, flipped it open angrily to call my dad.

 

“Hello?” I heard him say; I could even hear the clatter of pots and pans in the background.

“Hey dad. Er listen, is it okay if I ate over at Cody’s tonight?”

There was a short pause. “Uh…alright, go ahead. NO later then 11 though okay?” He said defeated. Pity washed through me.

“You got it. I love you, and leave some leftovers incase I’m still hungry.”

“Okay, love you too hun. Bye-bye.”

“Bye.” I flipped my phone closed and put it back in my damp jean pocket.

I got up and went inside, Cody and Jack were at the tiny table already with knives and forks in hand, anticipating their meal. And I thought I got excited for dinner. The whole room smelled of BBQ and pasta.

Jack motioned me over once he saw me and I started walking towards the kitchen.

I sat down next to Cody and George as Anne plopped the meat on every ones plates.

“I hope you like Prime rib Desiree, it’s one of my best! Ask the boys.”

I looked over at Jack who was already chewing with a mouthful of meat and BBQ sauce on the corner of his mouth and he nodded at me encouragingly.

“Yeah, I love it, my dad makes it sometimes too.” I could hear Cody moan with delight as he was chewing next to me enthusiastically. It felt like I was surrounded by people who have been fasting for a week. I held back the laugh that wanted to burst out.

George was cutting and seeming to hold back, looking cautiously at the boys and to me.

She set down two big bowls, both filled, almost over flowing with buttered noodles and mashed potatoes.

“Help yourself!” Anne said only to me as she sat down, since everyone else was way past that part.

I grabbed the spoon and dumped some noodles and some potatoes on my plate and began to cut and eat my meat, much slower then everyone else, even Anne.

I couldn’t help but…uh, NOTICE how hungry Cody’s family seemed to be. But it was in the most adorable, funny, best way possible.  

“Tomorrows the 4th of July, what do you plan on doing Desiree?” Asked Anne as she was cutting her second helping of her meat.

“I’m going to the carnival, what about you guys?”

Anne looked at me happily. “So are we! George is one of the people who do the fireworks out on the boats every year.”

“Oh really? That’s cool.” I said and smiled at George who smirked back with his mouth full. 

“And I go and get wasted every time.” Said Jack proudly.

“Yea and make a fool of yourself with your friends.” Laughed Cody. As if remembering Jacks previous intoxicated stunts.

“You just wish you were old enough.”

 

After dinner Leroy came over and so did many of Jacks friends. Jack made a bonfire at where Cody and I put the canoe away which was right where you could see the dock. It got buggy so I put my yellow hoodie on and let my hair down to cover up more skin. The sun was down now and I could hear all the crickets in the bushes and the frogs by the dock. I sat in one of the chairs that surrounded the rising fire with Cody next to me when everyone else arrived. Jack had 3 friends not including Leroy. They all were guys. So, I was the only girl around the fire since Anne and George were inside the house. Jack introduced me to them all, they were all well built like Jack and Cody, but other then that they didn’t look alike.

One was named Brian; he looked like a basketball player because of his height and lankiness. He had dark brown skin and had I’m guessing his high school jersey on, which was red and gold and said Northville bears on it. Another was named Junior, he was around the same height as Cody and had curly light brown hair, green eyes and tanned skin, and he was just wearing one of those reflective orange construction worker vest things and jeans. The other was Max, who was shorter then Cody, and had dirty blonde hair that was a little messy and had dark blue eyes.

Once everyone settled down around the bonfire, which was huge by the way, Cody and Leroy were the ones I talked to the most since they were on both sides of me. It seemed like Cody was really close with all of Jacks friends, but they didn’t seem to pay much attention to Leroy. Only Cody, Jack and I would talk to him, which I didn’t get because Leroy was really cool. I knew that Leroy’s parents ignored him and treated him badly, and now Jacks friends? I didn’t get it. I felt so bad for Leroy, but I was guessing that’s the last thing he wanted was pity.

Everyone was getting up from their chairs as I clearly missed what we were all doing so I asked Cody.

“Where are we going?”

He looked over at me, his face dimly lit from the fire. “We are all going to play night tag, come on.” He said and put his around my waist from behind to lead me out into the darkness.

The fire was no longer the light source so the only lighting we had now was the dark blue of the sky, which only made me able to make out the dark shapes of bodies and the lake which reflected the millions of stars above.

“What’s night tag?” I whispered up to him. I put my hood over my head and folded my arms as we kept walking down farther away from the fireplace. I could hear everyone’s low mumbles and footsteps in the grass.

“They will explain when we get there.” I heard Leroy say on the other side of me with his smooth voice, it almost sounded like a purr, his light green catlike eyes almost glowing in the darkness. I didn’t realize he was right next to me so his voice made me jump, making Cody’s arm around me jerk. Cody and Leroy snorted.

“You’re so jumpy, I remember when I first saw you at the shop and you jumped from hearing your own voice.”

“Well that was because it was sooo quiet in there. I felt like I was yelling.”

“I bet you’re really funny when you watch scary movies. I’ll have to be there next time you watch one.” Cody said. I could hear the smile he had on his face.

I thought back to the last scary movie I saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre… and how I was with my Mom and Dad after June went to sleep, and how they said it wasn’t that bad and it had a happy ending. And in the first half hour into the movie I remember tucking my head in my dad’s arm, squeezing my mom’s hand, and screaming when leather face popped out or chain sawed someone’s head off. Then ashamedly I had to sleep with my mom after and Dad had to go sleep on the couch. And that was only a few months ago.

We finally reached the spot where we were playing this game. And the only reason I knew that was because Cody stopped walking and let go of me. Everyone was in a small circle, but I couldn’t tell who was who because they were just black shapes. I looked around and saw a lot of trees spaced everywhere but a lot of grassy land. It was getting moist out from the night and I could feel the grass starting to get slippery.

“Alright we are going to split into teams of three and four since there’s an uneven number, Desiree you don’t know how to play night tag do you?”

“Its tag, but in the dark?” I guessed speaking to the black shadow that seemed to be talking to me.

“Nope, more complicated then that, ha-ha. Alright then I’ll explain it to you, so we’ll be split into teams of three and four, everyone’s got to find a good place to start before the game is started. I’m going to shout go and that’s when it’ll begin. Everyone is going to have 10 of these glow sticks…” Jacks black figure pulled out these sticks and I heard a loud cracking noise and all of the sticks lit up with green and yellow neon colors in Jacks hands.

“Your going to have one around your neck, these are ones from last week so they’re dimmer then the ones your going to throw because you don’t want people to see you easily. Each team is going to have a color, one green, and one yellow so your team knows where you are. Then you will have a bunch of glow sticks with you to throw, you can crack them before you throw them if you don’t want people to notice you as easily. Its like laser tag but with glow sticks. The people on your team are going to only know where you are from the color of your glow stick. When your hit by one, you got to lie down till someone on your team gets you. Whatever team is all knocked down, they lose and the other wins. You got it?”

“Yea.” I said excited to play.

“Ight. I’ll be one captain, Cody you’ll be the other.” I heard Cody walk away from me and face towards me where Jack was. Everyone went over to where Leroy and I stood to get chosen.

“We’ll have four on whoever Desiree’s team is on.” Jack said and I felt slightly insulted by that, just because I was a girl.

Jack was choosing first. “Brian.” He called in his deep-set voice.

Brian walked over to Jacks side and I could see the outline of Cody standing there. I was nervous with this whole captain thing, what if because I’m the girl I’ll be chosen last and feel like an idiot? I fiddled with the sleeves of my hoodie and bit my lip as Cody was standing there.

“Des!” he called warmly and I smiled wide as I collectively walked towards Cody’s side.

“Why me?” I whispered in Cody’s ear as Jack called for Max. He turned to me and I was able to see his dark eyes and more of his face since he was closer. They stared in disbelief.

“Oh please Des, why you? Because your mad fast and beastly. Plus a good kisser.” 

“And why would that come in handy in this game?” I laughed.

“Leroy.” He called and then turned to whisper back to me. “It could, if you use your imagination.”

“Codes you get Junior since you got Desiree.” I heard Jack say next to us, as I was looking at Cody puzzled.

“Oh, I see what your saying, I could kiss one of the guys so they get distracted and then you can just hit them all, like one, two, three?”

“Pfft, No.”

I laughed and leaned my head on his shoulder to tell him I was kidding.

“Alright heres all your necklaces.” Jack said and handed Cody, Leroy, Junior, and I green glow sticks. I put mine over my head and examined the dimmed mini glow stick. I looked up and saw 3 others with the same color.

“Lets spread out. We got this side you got that side” I heard Brian call. And Leroy pushed me forward to go where Cody and Junior were running. I went to go hide behind this tree as I saw Cody not too far away behind a bush and Junior was in front of me behind another tree. He gave me a thumbs up and gave him one back. I looked to where Leroy was and he was far on the right where we were in the circle a few minutes ago, he blended himself into the bush over there. I had no idea where the other team was.

Then out of the blue I heard Jack shout. “Go!” And out of the corner of my eye I saw Cody sneaking up forward to a tree next to mine. I decided to do something, so I got on my knees and started crawling quickly forward in the open field till I got behind a mini pine tree. I peaked through the pine needles to see a dim yellow stick running and then falling to the ground to army crawl behind a tree. I got up ducking and ran through the little bunch of trees and looked out again to see someone not too far in front of me. I heard a glow stick crack from a distance and saw the yellow neon color fly across the field, but missed whoever was running with a green glow stick around their neck toward the opposite teams side.

I heard another crack and heard it hit someone hard and heard a proud, “Got ya!” from what sounded like Cody. Whoever was in front of me was still squatted behind the tree, I pulled out one of the glow sticks, and pulled the two ends down to crack it, it made a crack and I anxiously looked over at the person incase he heard it. He started to get up and I had to hurry. It glowed a blinding green and I hesitated to throw it at him, I had to hit him, if I missed my spot was ruined. I thrust my hand forward and the glow stick went flying towards him and just got him on the shoulder blade. I heard him cuss and look behind him to probably only see my necklace. And he reluctantly lay down.

“Yes!” I whispered to myself and decided to get the hell out of there because they probably saw the glow stick fly from the bushes.

I ran like a bat out of hell and heard someone yell, “There she is! Get her!” My heart jumped as I saw yellow glow sticks flying everywhere towards me as I was running towards my team’s side of the field. I was almost to a tree when I tripped on a tree root, go figure, and slammed to the ground as I felt a glow stick hit me in the back. Don’t have to lie down, I’m already down.

“Two down, two to go!” I heard Jack yell happily. I was wondering who was hit, and had a hunch that it probably wasn’t Cody since he runs crazy fast. I flipped onto my back and turned so I could face the field, and saw all the glow sticks flying. I was laying there for what felt like 5 minutes when I noticed someone was running towards me ducking and dodging. He crouched down toward me and pulled me up.

“Des, I got you, you’re free!” It sounded like Cody and I looked up at him and it was!

“My hero!” I joked with a prissy girl voice and gave him a tight hug around his waist.

I pulled away and looked up at him. “I got Max, and he was hiding so no one saw him I think, did you get anyone?”

“Yeah I got Brian but Jack saved him, and I got Jack but Brian saved him… they are impossible. And damn Des, I was wondering where Max was, I thought he passed out or something, but nice! We got to get them both, Junior is still at it and Leroy got hit earlier, but Junior isn’t gong to save him, and I couldn’t because I was coming over here for you.”

“Why don’t they like Leroy?” I asked aggravated, more to myself than Cody.

“Long story. Lets go.” He said and I ran along next to him to where I saw Junior get hit. Oh crap, it was just Cody and I now?

Cody cracked a glow stick and threw a line drive to Jack, but Jack caught the glow stick and threw it at Cody, who ducked. I cracked a stick and threw it at Brian who was getting out a stick but he dodged it and threw a yellow stick at me, Cody bumped into me so I would miss, and I fell to the floor, from his impact and got up quick while cracking another stick. I threw it at Jack who was tossing them like crazy and it just missed him. That distracted him and Cody took the opportunity to throw one at him and it hit Jack in the chest. Brian threw a glow stick at me and he hit me in the shin. I grabbed it from the sting and saw Cody throw a green stick and it hit Brian as he dove to save Jack. Brian cussed loudly and Cody laughed hysterically.

“We win!” I heard Leroy shout and saw his black figure ram Cody. Junior was running this way too and he put his hand up for a high five and I slapped it, more out of anger because of Leroy then victory.

I felt someone lift me up in a big bear hug and found it was Leroy, he put me down and I looked over to Cody as he turned towards me, putting his arms out gently for a hug, and I ran willingly and jumped into his arms with a happy yelp.

After we all were sharing our victory and Jacks team was sulking, we walked back to the fire and went up the stairs into the lit living room, where I could see everybody again more clearly. I looked at Cody’s digital clock and noticed it was 10:30.

Leroy was talking animatedly to Cody about the game, so I waited till he was finished and turned to Cody. “Hey, my dad said I got to be home by 11, so I’ll see you later.”

“Oh, okay, uh, wait I’ll walk you to your car.”  He said absent-mindedly.

I went and said goodbye to everyone as I walked with Cody out the door.

When I got to the drivers side of the car I stopped to turn around to Cody, whose squeaky streetlight was gleaming behind him. I could still hear the crickets and even bullfrogs from all the way down at the dock. He was looking at me with his hands in his pockets as if he was contemplating to say something.

“Well, I had fun.” I said breaking the silence.

He nodded. “Yeah, I guess I’ll see you at the carnival tomorrow.”

“Yep, I’ll be there.”

He smiled. “Good.”

I squinted my eyes in suspicion. “Good as in, because that’s when you want to tell me your deepest darkest secret, or good as in you want to see me, or both?”

He looked up thinking. “Hmm. Probably the second choice. I said we had to be alone.”

“Ugh!” I opened the door and went to go in but he pulled me by my waist, making me jerk back to face him. Even when I was mad his touch tingled my skin.

“Stop man handling me too!” I said angrily, and folded my arms.

“Sorry, but if it is possible to be alone at the carnival, which I doubt though, I’ll tell you.”

“Promise?” I asked with eyebrows raised.

His shoulders slumped. “Promise.”

“Good.” My anger faded and I looked at his lips without really thinking, and then looked back into his chocolate eyes.

He seemed to notice. “You know, you can kiss me first if you want, you don’t have to wait for me.” The corner of his mouth turned up, as his eyes fluttered from my lips to my eyes too.

“What are we going to kiss each other now? Is that what you think?” I asked putting my hands on my hips.

He blinked once, and cracked a crooked smile. “No, but if you stopped giving off the signs that you want to, maybe I wouldn’t bring it up.”

“You think that just because I supposedly give off ‘signs’ that means I want to kiss you?” I asked trying to defend my pride. Even though he was right.

He just nodded.

“Well you know you’ve got signs too.”

He jolted his head back, his eyebrows raised. “Do we?”

“Yes.”

“What are they?”

“Well…” I said and got distracted because he seemed to have gotten closer, where as his face was maybe 4 inches away, I craned my head up just a touch to look into his eyes. “You get really close, stare for a long time, and sometimes lick your lips.”

He looked at me silently, and I slowly leaned in closer to him till our lips were centimeters apart, and then pulled away fast, making him lean into nothing with his eyes closed. He opened them dumbfounded.

“What was that?” He asked appalled.

“I’ll kiss you when I know you, all of you.” I said smirking at my inner genius, and got in the car.

He looked at me; his mouth open, amused as I started the ignition and drove away.

 

 

When I got home it was 10 minutes before 11. My dad was on the couch sleeping, probably out for when I got home. I leaned over and shook his shoulder gently to wake him up, but he budge.

So I knelt down by his face and shook his head more roughly, “Dad?” 

That still didn’t work. So I put my hand on his face, lifted it, and slapped him hard. His eyes shot open as his whole body jumped and his arms flailed everywhere.

“Dad, it’s just me Desiree, I’m home… you need to get to bed.”

“Babyz, okah Imd goin.” He mumbled as he sleepily got up with his eyes half shut. I led him to his un-made bed and put the covers over him. I got back to the kitchen and laughed to myself while I took my sneakers off. I went into the bathroom and changed and brushed my teeth. When I got into June and I’s room the window was open, so I went to go shut it and heard ruffling in the woods. I looked into them and saw something pacing back in forth. I stuck my head out farther with my eyebrows pulled in wonder, and noticed it was the black wolf.

I was debating if I should just forget about it, or go out and see it. I decided the second choice because I was too curious, so I slipped my hiking boots on and went straight outside.

When I turned around the cabin to the back it stopped in its tracks and looked over at me alarmed.

“No, no no wolfie, it’s okay.” I said as its golden eyes were glaring at me.

The wolf hesitated, and then slowly walked towards me. When it got to me I ran my hand on his back. I wasn’t tired at all yet, so I decided to lay down on the grass and look up at the stars. He lay down next to me on his back and I laughed.

“You’re an intelligent wolf.” I said as I found the big dipper.

We laid there for a while and I started getting tired, my eye lids were pulling down and I was almost asleep, till I felt a huge lick on my face.

“Ah right, I should go to bed now.” I got up lazily and turned to the wolf.

“Goodnight.” I smiled and walked back inside feeling a bit on the loopy side after talking to an animal.

I crashed on my bed and fell asleep the second my head touched the pillow.

 

 

I woke up to a little finger poking my face. I opened my eyes annoyed and saw it was June.

“Why are you sleeping with boots on?” She asked giggling.

I looked down and there they were, my dirty hiking boots sticking out of the covers.

“Daddy slept with his clothes on too, you guys are weird, but I love you.” She patted my head and walked out of the room. 

I got out of bed and took my boots off with my feet. Dad was making waffles in the waffle maker.

“Happy 4th of July bud.” He said as he poured batter.

“Yep.” I muttered sleepily and walked to the kitchen table.

My dad looked at me carefully. “Were you drinking last night young lady?”

My eyes widened surprised. “No. Why would you think that?”

“You seem more tired then usual this morning.”

“I stayed up late.” I said while sitting down.

“Why were you up late? Did you come home at 3 or something?” He asked furious.

“No, I got home 10 minutes before 11 and I woke you up to put you to bed. You were half asleep so you don’t remember. I was home but I wasn’t tired so I didn’t fall asleep till like, 2 in the morning.”

“Okay, just wondering.” He said calming down. “Good girl for coming home on curfew.” He said pointing the spatula at me.

June sat down next to me when she came from the bathroom. “I’m sooo excited for the carnival, I want to eat so much cotton candy and go in the fun house and bob for apples! And the fireworks best of all!” She squealed with excitement and I laughed. There was no way I could keep up with her enthusiasm this morning.

“Is Cody going to the carnival Des?” My dad asked trying not to sound curious.

“Uh, yeah he’s going with his whole family. His dad actually works with the fireworks.”

I heard June’s little gasp. “Really? That’s so cool!”

“Yep, hey June, come help me pick out some… socks to wear today.” I said, she gave me a weird look. And I kicked her under the table.

“Ow Okay!” She breathed. And I got up as she followed me into our room. I closed the door.

“The wolf was outside last night.” I told her.

“Einstein was outside?!” She said mouth open.

“Einstein?”

“That’s what I named him.” She said smiling.

“Oh, okay, well Einstein was outside, I saw him pacing in the woods through our window, so I went outside and he came over, and went on his back with me and we looked at the stars…” I said but fading off, realizing how insane that sounded.

“Really?”

“Yeah, and I fell asleep, and so he licked me to wake me up so I would go back inside.”

“Wow, he is smart!” June said amused. 

“Yeah I know.” I said.

“I want to see Einstein again, I miss him.” June said her bottom lip puckering out.

“Well he seems to like to hang around here huh.”

We jumped when my dad came in with the hamper full of clean laundry.

“Here girls. All fresh and clean.” He said and closed the door.

June and I got dressed for the day. She wore an American flag T-shirt with red shorts. And I wore white jean shorts with a red T-shirt that had an American eagle flying on the back.

 

We went outside and walked down town and got ice creams, and my Dad bought a stereo for up here so we can listen to music, and satellite so he can watch his TV shows. When it was lunchtime we ate out side on the porch with our new stereo and I got caught into this new book I also got called, “The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian.” I read the whole thing on the deck and got small sunburn on my legs. It was almost 4 and we all decided to head out to the carnival. We were in dad’s truck on our way.

“Are you excited Desi?” She asked.

“Oh, I’m excited.” I thought about Cody and his little, no not little, HUGE secret.

I knew I had to find any possible way to get Cody and I alone tonight, whether he liked it or not.



© 2009 Alyssa


Author's Note

Alyssa
FINISHED: June 30th, 2:30am

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this is sooo good!! I can't wait to see what happens at the carnival!! Especially the fireworks, cuz I have a feeling something rlly big is gonna happen then!! CAN'T WAIT!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow...cody's friends seem like so much fun, lol. :] i wanna play night tag now...lmao.
i feel bad for leroy...hey maybe he caused Cody's scar!!!!!!!! and maybe that's why the others dont like him either because they think he's too unstable!!!!!!!! but i got a question, if cody's eyes are brown, why are the wolf's amber? and it has black fur; isn't cody's hair brown? ahhhhhhhh. too many unanswered questions! :[
but that's what makes this story great!!!! this keeps getting better and better! :] kmpp!
off topic question: what are read requests and how do they work???

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

352 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2009
Last Updated on November 30, 2009


Author

Alyssa
Alyssa

Rochester, NY



About
more..

Writing
The Guard The Guard

A Poem by Alyssa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Dirt The Dirt

A Chapter by Alyssa