I'm Not Like Other Guys

I'm Not Like Other Guys

A Chapter by Alyssa

Chapter 8: "I'm Not Like Other Guys."


  

  The air conditioning in the car was beginning to give me Goosebumps as we caught the view of the lit up carnival lights. My dad parallel parked onto the side of the sidewalk, and we all jumped out. My mind was set deep on my plan, and little ol’ Cody isn’t gonna get out of it this time.

            I let June jump on my back for a piggyback ride as we walked towards the lights and screams from the small twirling rides.

“Daddy we better get cotton candy right when we get in there, I haven’t had cotton candy since last year, and woof! That’s a long time!” June said in my ear as her arms were locked around my neck loosely. 

Once we got onto the property of the carnival, all I could hear was that carnival music; I saw tons of people walking around in groups and couples. Bright lights lit up the whole area, some spinning around on the rides that were swirling with screaming people. The atmosphere was very energetic, which motivated my concentration. 

My eyes scanned around for the back of a dark brown shaggy head, and the body figure that I knew too well by as I was distractedly following dad and June to the cotton candy stand. There was so many people’s heads scrambling around it, all the lights swirling around as I turned my head made my eyes dizzy. I sensed them stopping at the concession stand so I immobilized my feet as well. 

I was still gazing around, my eyes tracing everywhere, then all my concentration faded away when a voice started singing from the stage across from where I was waiting in line with Dad and June. It was so beautiful I forgot all about why I was straining my eyes everywhere like some senile old lady who lost her glasses. I turned towards where the music came from.

"I’ll be right back, I’m going to check out the concert over there.” I said to my dad without looking at him.

“Yeah, doesn’t he sound good? Okay, we’ll be at the ticket-” He said, his voice fading out because I was already walking away from him towards the music.

The music was very rhythm and blues, his voice was smooth and strong with a lot of soul and feeling put into it, it was like I was feeling what he was singing. I’ve never felt that way with music before, at least not this much.

I turned and found the stage, where I saw the small crowd standing and looking up towards the performer, swaying and clapping to the low tempo beat. The stage was lit up with yellow and orange lights shining around. The singer got bigger and bigger as I got closer, I noticed he was young and had smooth medium brown skin.

I slowed to a stop when I reached the back of the crowd.

He was holding onto the microphone that was clasped onto the stand. He had little dark black curls that were bouncing when he danced; some fell over his forehead to his eyebrows, and was doing slow little dance moves with his feet while he sang. He wore a worn brown leather jacket over a shirt that had the American flag pattern and was wearing straight leg dark jeans, which were tucked in these beat up old black high top converse sneakers. I looked up at his boyish face; his eyes were closed while singing out a long note. The music felt like it was flowing through me, it was relaxing for my ears.

After he sang, his last song, “God bless America,” I cheered and clapped with the rest of the crowd as he did a low bow, flashing his white teeth that glew against his darker skin.

He lifted the microphone off the stand and put it to his lips.

“Thank you. Now is everyone having a great independence day?” He asked the crowd, and they all cheered.

“Yes, it’s a beautiful evening isn’t it? Now, the fireworks will be going off at 9, so don’t you miss em’! Have a great Fourth of July everyone and goodnight!” He said enthusiastically and put the microphone back on its stand, waved once more and bounced down the few steps to ground level, where he disappeared behind the stage.

Everyone was clearing out, and I remembered I had to find Cody, so I turned around and ran into someone, I got a waft of the pine lake breeze smell and then knew exactly whom it was.

“Gah! Cody! Were you behind me this whole time?” I asked griping at his sturdy arms to steady myself.

“No, I was just about to poke you on the back but you turned into me instead.” He said amused.

“I thought we weren’t gonna bump into each other anymore, but now seeing its impossible… I’m thinking we should just give up on that.”

I laughed lightly. “Yeah, probably.”

“You just get here?” He asked as we started walking away from the stage.

“Yea about 10 minutes ago, you?”

“I’ve been here since 3, helping my Dad with setting up the fireworks in the boats with his co-workers, man you should see the size of some of those fireworks! It’s gonna be a good show I can tell you that.”

“Saweeeet. Where’s Leroy?”

“Oh he’s out of town.” He said quickly, giving me the hint he didn’t want me to ask any more of the subject, so I didn’t.

We started walking towards the ticket booth. My dad and June were there as said, taking the tickets as June was looking around serenely with her cotton candy. He spotted me and did a double take with his eyes as he saw Cody walking next to me. I thought I should probably introduce him now.

“Hey dad, this is Cody… finally, and Cody this is my dad, Paul Scott.”

“Nice to meet you Mr. Scott.” Cody said politely shaking my dads hand. He nodded nicely back, with careful eyes and a tight smile, and then looked over to me.

“Kiddo, I got you tickets… you got one for each ride.” He told me handing me the tickets.

“Thanks dad.”

“Hey Cody!” June said with her little voice, finally realizing we were there.

“Hey June! How’s it goin’?” Cody asked, putting his hand out for a high five and she slapped hers to his happily.

“Good, I’m so excited for the fireworks!” She said glancing up at the sky, and took a small bite of her candy.

“Me too, I hear they’re going to be so much better than last years.” He said like it was a rumor.

June’s eyes widened with excitement, as dad took her hand, looking down at her.

“June bug you want to go off with them or do you wanna go on the rides with me?”

She thought for a second as I was looking at her, praying inside for her to decide to go off with Dad, since it would make it loads easier for me to do what I gotta do.

“I’ll stay with daddy.” She said, I could tell she read me too easily. Plus I knew Dad was going to go find Bob and June knew oh too well that his niece would be with him, her special play mate, Kaitlyn.

We watched them walk away towards the fun house and I turned towards Cody.

“So, you want to go on the Farris wheel?” I asked indifferent.

He looked at me with a ‘are you kidding me?’ kind of expression.

“What, you too cool for the Farris wheel?” I teased.

“Des, I know what your doing, I’m not an idiot.” He laughed.

“Well, you want to tell me, so I’m just helping you out.” I said gingerly, latching my arm around his comfortingly.

“I know, it’s just…”

“Your scared.”

He closed his eyes ashamed. “Yeah.”

I looked at him for a moment. “How about we got on all the other rides first?”

“Alright.”

 

We got onto one of the rides called, “Hayley’s Comet.” It’s one of those rides where your standing up against a wall and everyone is in a huge circle, then it starts to spin, so fast that you are basically stuck to the wall by force.

Cody and I walked into one of the cages that held you in and stood next to each other, getting ready for the ride to start as everyone was packing in.

He looked over at me. “Careful, I puke easy.” And looked away before he could smile.

“Liar.”

“No, I’m not kidding.” He said, raising his eyebrows.

“Sure, sure.” I said unconvinced.

The ride started with the noise of metal rubbing against metal. We started to spin; “Whoas” and “Ahhs” started to escape our throats as we were spinning so fast, that we were forced to the wall.

“Try lifting your head!” I yelled through the screams, looking over at Cody whose brown hair was blowing around, and his face was amused. He squeezed his eyes shut trying to pull his head up and it lifted only an inch, his head shot back to the wall and laughed.

 

When we got out we went in the fun house, mimicking the movie, “Greece.” and looked in those odd mirrors that made us look like oompa loompas. Soon we were off the last ride, which was, “The Scrambler” and Cody didn’t look too well.

“Are you okay?” I asked concerned.

“No, I think I’m gonna be sick.” He said his face pale.

“Oh crap, I’m sorry! I really thought you were lying when you said you puked easy…want me to get someone? I’ll buy you water or something, or I’ll bring you to the woods so you can-”

“No, it’s not that.”

I looked at him for a second confused, and then realized.

“Oh.”

“Can we at least get through the fireworks first? I don’t want to miss those with you.”

I looked at him daunt.

“Stop being like that. And yes, of course.” We started our way towards where everyone was gathered to watch the fireworks.

Jack came stumbling into view, and was walking over to us with his three friends.

“Oh great.” Cody muttered.

“Codes! Ma lil bro, an Desi sweets! I love you guys you are so great.” He said hugging his brother and then started petting my head.

“Youz hair is so amazingly pertyful, an I think your soooo nice.” He grabbed my shoulders trying to balance himself and then ducked his head to my level. “You… are a great person.” He then turned to his brother and did the same.

“And Codes, my main bro forever, you’re a great person too.”

He grabbed both our heads and pushed them together so my left cheek and Cody’s right cheek were squished against each other’s.

“That’s why you twos would be perfect for each others. You guys are so cute together awwwwwwww see guys aren’t they cute!” He said laughing; I could smell the strong scent of beer on his breath.  He looked over his shoulder where his friends were and they weren’t paying any attention. They were all leaning on each other, laughing. One, which looked like Junior lost balance and fell on the ground and was obnoxiously laughing.

“Jack, let us go man.” Cody said with a lisp from Jacks hands pushing his face against mine.

“Alright, alright, you two lovi birds go and watch da fireworkssss.” He released our faces and stumbled over to his friends.

Cody looked over at me wide eyed, shaking his head. I broke out a chuckle.

“Wow, Jack is such a… character when he’s tipsy.”

“Oh, he’s way beyond tipsy.” Cody said laughing too.

Jacks little act seemed to lighten him up, he put his arm over my shoulders as we walked towards my Dad and June who were sitting in the grass by the water.

I put a hand on her head as I sat down.

She turned. “Hey Desi and Cody!” June whispered excited. Cody waved and smiled.

I dragged a piece of her hair away from her face with my finger.

“Hey Juni.”

 

We all sat and watched the fire works burst in the sky; All the colors popping, the dark sky, the thrilling and romantic atmosphere, of course right? I couldn’t deny the incredible urge to kiss Cody.

I thought back to our first kiss under the canoe, how it was short, sweet, and gentlemanly. I loved it.  I fought back the need, knowing for one my dad was there, and two I told him I’d kiss him when I knew his secret.

It got me nervous about what he was going to tell me, he seemed really frightened about my reaction to whatever it was.

So instead I slid my hand through the grass, tickling the palm of my hand, and placed it on top of his. He looked at me slightly taken aback, but then the corner of his mouth lifted up, and he turned back up to the sky. I could see the fireworks explode in his eyes, which seemed at ease for now.

 

The grand finale was insane. June hid her head in my arm when they got really loud. There were so many fireworks going off, it hurt my eyes to watch them. When it was over, everyone cheered and began slowly trailing out of the carnival, there was another half an hour for the rides, Dad said he was going to take June out with her to go and get Pizza since we haven’t yet had dinner, and said he’d be back in 20 minutes to pick me up. There were only a handful of people who were still riding rides, and only one couple was on the Farris wheel.

“Okay, lets go.” Cody said unwillingly, grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the Farris wheel and into one of the carts.

We started slowly getting higher; Cody had his arm behind me over the rim of the cart, like he always does anywhere we’re sitting together, one of the many things I liked that he does absent-mindedly.

“So, uh, we’re alone now…” He said his voice cracking on the last word.

I suddenly felt guilty, guilty for pushing it on him.

“Cody… you know if you’re not ready, you don’t have to-“

“No, Des this is the perfect time… I got to get it over with.”

I swallowed and kept my ears open.

“I’m… I’m not like other guys.”

My heart rate sped up and I could feel my palms dampen with sweat, I wiped them against my bare legs, maybe this really is gonna be bad.

“You’ve seen how I never get tired when I run, and… you know, how hungry I always am…”

I stared out to the darkness of the view around us, as we were getting higher. The dark blue of everything relaxed my eyes from the lit up seat we were in from the bright bulbs of light on the wheel of the ride.

“How I got the scar… the scratch on the car… how I knew where you were.”

“Okay, I got to stop rambling… Des?”

I turned to him reluctantly. “Yes?”

“I… I’m… I’m a Werewolf.” His voice chocked off at the end. He bent over and ducked his head away from me, ashamed.

I was frozen on my seat, we were at the highest part of the Farris wheel and I had no words to speak. I was at disbelief, and shocked out of my mind, but I realized it fit perfectly into place... like the pieces of a puzzle all came together, why everything is how it is with his family. It felt like so many minutes I sat there frozen, and Cody hunched over covering his face. Since I couldn’t speak, I pulled on the back of his T-shirt. He hesitated, but sat back up and slowly turned to look at me, never had I seen him so scared before. All I wanted was for him to know that it was okay, the face he made scared me more than anything I've ever seen before, it shot a pain through my chest.

Emotions were filling me, I felt like I would over-flow. So that’s when I grabbed the back of his head, pulled him in towards me, and crushed my lips against his with as much power as I could pull out of me. I felt myself letting out all my fears and emotions through this kiss, his lips were as soft and warm as they were under the canoe.

I lifted my other arm behind his head, kissing him very differently then how we did before. I felt his warm hand gently pressed on my back as I put a hand on the side of his face; I felt a warm tear on my thumb. He kissed back, his hurt and pain releasing. I could feel the confusion in his kiss, so I wasn’t surprised when he pulled away and stared at me, completely baffled.

“Wh-why did you kiss me?” He studdered, blinking rapidly. His brown eyes big, eyebrows creased.

“I told you I would kiss you once I knew all of you.” I said catching my breath, trying hold back a smile at his expression.

“So your… okay with this?” He asked his eyebrows furrowed, clearly not getting it.

“Having my best friend as a..." I couldn't manage to say it.

"Werewolf." He said breathily.

"Yea... it’s part of who you are… and I, I love everything about you.” I said a little self consciously, and rested my arm on his shoulder akwardly, my hand on the back of his head fiddling with his hair comfortingly. I felt the cart jerk back into motion and start lowering down.

“It doesn’t scare you? Or freak you out?"

“Well yeah it freaks me out, but it doesn’t scare me.” I laughed comfortingly.

“Alright…you’re starting to freak me out.” He laughed nervously.

“Come on, I think I have more of a reason to be freaked out than you Cody.”

Then it dawned on me.

“Einstein…” I said murmured to myself. Then turned to Cody. “Einstein!”

He looked at me perplexed. “Einstein?”

“You’re the black wolf aren’t you!? I know you are!”

Cody blushed and turned away trying to hide his smile.

I grabbed his firm shoulders to face him towards me and shook him. “I knew it, I knew it!”

“You got me…”

The cart went to a complete stop, the large man running it gave us an impatient look as we slowly realized it was time to get off.

Cody stopped in his tracks, looking around distracted and alert once we were on ground.

“Des, I’m sorry I got to go… I think now you might get the idea why, I’ll explain it later.” He started jogging away but stopped himself and turned back around, walking hurriedly back to me.

“And, thanks a lot for you know… not jumping off a 50 foot high Farris wheel.” His eyes were grateful, but still cautious.

“It’s fine. Now go do your... werewolf business.” I said and smiled awkwardly at how odd that sounded saying it aloud.

“Bye.” He said as he turned around. I watched him bolt away into the trees.

As soon as he was out of eyeshot I breathed in a gasp of air, and exhaled roughly. Putting a hand on my heart, it was beating rapidly under my chest. This was insane! Werewolves’ existing… it was so over whelming.

 

I was hugely curious as to if the reason why he left was because it was a full moon and he was afraid he was going to burst into his beast form and try to kill me, so I glanced up at the moon, which was blanketed over lightly by the left over smoke form the fireworks. It was a half crescent, so I got even more confused. But then feeling stupid, I remembered that he gave away how he was the black wolf with the amber eyes all this time. And yeah that wolf was huge, but it was nothing vicious like in those werewolf movies.

Was his brother one? His mother and father? Tomorrow I had to get all these questions answered, and I knew he was comfortable now with telling me his secrets. I think.

As I stood there, quietly hyperventilating... I noticed all the carnival music slowly started turning off ride-by-ride, and it soon became silent, besides the crickets and sounds of footsteps in the grass of the few people who were still there.

“Nick get the mike and your guitar off stage, we got the rest.” A deep voice said from the room behind the stage that made me jump. It sounded like a grizzly bear. The person he was talking to came out from the lit room and jumped up onto the stage, his foot steps the only noise.

Noticing the black curls and jacket I found it was the performer that was singing earlier. I realized I was still standing where I was, by the Farris wheel, where Cody left me. So I weakly walked over to the bench that was close by the parking lot and sat down to wait for dad and June, crossing my arms from the cool night air filling in.

“Laaa la la laaa… woo!” I heard echo behind me from a distance, and smiled to myself. He must have been playing with the microphone. The last of the people were getting in their cars and leaving, the janitors cleaning up, and employees closing up the concession stands. I started to grow anxious for my dad to get there.

“Oh what a night… late December back in sixty three, what a very special time for me… da da da di doo di da-hey!” His smooth soft voice yelled from behind.

I turned around dazedly, instinctively making sure if he was calling to me. But he wasn’t; he was looking a different direction towards a woman, maybe in her 20’s. She was wearing work clothes and ran up to him in her heels as he jumped down off the stage and she gave him a hug.

“Hello Mother.” He said kindly, looking at level with her. His voice was one of those voices you heard, and knew just by hearing it that they were good singers. I turned back around and Indian crossed my legs, staring at my hands.

“You did so well baby for your first show! I made it just in time for the ending chorus.”

“No…mom this was my 4th show. But this is the first one you’ve seen, well part of one you’ve seen.” He said trying hard not to sound discouraged.

“Oh I know honey, I’m sorry… you know that I get busy at work. But, you were great baby, and I am so proud of you... I’ve got to get home; I don’t like leaving gram home by herself. Is Gordon driving you home?”

“Yea ma like always, don’t worry bout me.” He breathed reassuringly.

“You’re my son, I’m always worrying about you.” She chuckled wearily. “Goodbye Nicholas.”

“Bye mother.”

I heard him sigh and it got me thinking about my mother, and how much I’ve missed her. I knew she missed us just as much, maybe even more. She calls every night, and we all get to talk to her for at least 10 minutes.

Then I started thinking about Cody, and how much I knew he would change my life. I thought he would just being human… but now that I know he’s a werewolf, I knew my life would never be the same. I put my knees up and rested my head against them. My head aching from all the thinking, and I wrapped my arms around my legs.

It be nice if my dad got here by now, waiting for him was starting to irritate me.

I kept my eyes on the lights of “The Scrambler” turning off and turning on in pattern.

Then there was an ear splitting scream.

I snapped my head to where the scream came from and got up off the bench to see what was going on. A large smashed looking woman was running towards me with a horror struck face. I saw other faces turn to witness the scene she was creating.

“Huge cat!” She bellowed as she ran by me. I caught a strong scent of awful smelling perfume and vodka.

I felt my eyebrows pull together. What is so scary about a huge cat? Yes cats can be pretty fat and large sometimes, but they aren’t frightening. Hmm… maybe she was allergic.

Everyone seemed to shake it off with some chuckles and that’s when I had to go to the bathroom. Of course the only restrooms were port-o-potties.

I started towards the ugly green rectangle by the stage. As I was walking by the front of the stage, I glanced up at the Nick kid who was leaning over to pick up his acoustic guitar.

A loud feline growl roared in my ears, the power of it felt like it shook the ground. It sounded like “Rrrrrrow!” I stopped in my tracks; it was coming from where I was going to go. I heard Nick’s guitar fall on the hard stage floor, the impact echoing through the microphone that was still on.

I heard screams suddenly emerge from the few people that were still at the carnival and hurried footsteps fading away as they were running to the parking lot.

There was no light behind the port-o-potty so I could not see where the sound came from. But what I could see was a pair of glowing gold cat like eyes, slits for pupils… that turned to me.

I felt an unsteady hand grip at my arm, I turned my head anxiously and it was the performer, Nick.

“What are you doing? RUN!” He said frantically in his soft voice. His dark eyes wide, gleaming and berserk.

We started to run, the night air flying through my loose hair. We heard it hiss with anger; I could hear it was in a fight with something else, the impact of its force against another’s. I could hear the other animals growl. It sounded familiar.

Cody.

I stopped dead and Nick quickly stopped soon after, jerking his curly head back bewildered.

“Whats going on?” He asked patiently but he looked anxious.

“I think my friend is over there.” I said slowly but realized for one, I would already be exposing what Cody is and I’ve only known for maybe 5 minutes tops. And two, what the hell could I do about it? I’m no werewolf. So looking at his confused face, how young and worried it was, I had this big urge to protect him. So I did the smarter choice that would not cause any dilemma.

“Never mind.” I said quickly and began to run again. This time I felt a magnetic force trying to pull me back to him, to Cody. He was fighting that thing alone... but knew this was the right decision.

Once our feet hit the pavement of the parking lot we stopped running, our hands on our knees trying to get the oxygen back.

“What do you think that was?” I asked breathing in and out in heavy heaves.

“Mountain Lion, for sure… grew up listening to them, beautiful.” He said out of breath, he sounded fascinated but flustered.

“Beautiful?”

“Yeah have you ever seen them in person? Wow! They are so huge, and their eyes… they stare into your soul, makes you feel so… exposed. Your deepest darkest secrets like an open book for them to easily read.” He said.

I was envying how amazed he sounded. He was staring off into space serenely, his eyes full of wonder, although his hands were trembling slightly. I looked down at mine and they were shaking too.

“What’s your name?” He asked in his soft, shy voice.  

“Desiree Scott… You?”

“Nick Jameson.”

“Yeah, I saw you perform tonight, you were really good. You’ve got a great voice.” I said genuinely.

He looked down to the ground with a shyly humble smile. “Thank you.”

Then he looked back to me, his face looked so innocent and young. I began to notice the hurt and betrayal he was hiding behind his curious black eyes.  It shot a pain in my chest.

“You seem young, how old are you?”

He smiled at my accusation. “I’m thirteen, fourteen in October. You?”

“I’ll be seventeen next month.”

“Cool. You don’t go to Northville High?”

“No, I just come here every summer.” I said almost reluctantly. I wish I did live here.

“Oh. That’s nice.” He said, sounding exhausted, it was making me exhausted.

Not too long after that the police arrived and asked us questions, and others that were still around. Nick and I answered them wearily, I was so tired I nearly fell asleep while talking to them, and Nick... I don't think he was listening he was so tired. I wouldn't blame him after all that singing and dancing. Plus, only being thirteen to be doing all that stuff.  

 

It was almost 10 o’clock when I looked at my phone once the police left to search around the grounds.

 

 

 

 

I started hearing the noise of car tires crushing against gravel on the parking lot and saw headlights glaring through the trees. It was my dad’s truck flying its way through and coming to a jerked break. He must know what happened. Then behind Nick and I, I heard angry footsteps.

“Nicholas Jeremiah Jameson! Where in the world have you been? I heard the mountain lion and next thing I knew you disappeared! If your mother ever knew about this… oh if she knew-the next time you would be able to sing on stage would be when your dead!”

“Shoot.” Nick muttered to himself.

“See-ya.” I said with a yawn as I was walking towards the truck.

“Bye.” He said turning to walk on the sidewalk with the tall man wearing glasses.

“Hey.” I said as I buckled my seatbelt. June was fast asleep, her head tilted uncomfortably on her right shoulder towards me. The whole car smelt of McDonalds.

“How come every time I leave you alone, danger seems to follow you?! This is getting ridiculous Mountain lions at the carnival!? How do people let this happen? It’s been all over the local radio!”

“I don’t know, but somebody took care of it before it had the chance to do anything.” I said trying to get him happier.

“But what I want to know is what in gods name are the Mountain Lions doing this close to human territory? They are usually deep in the forests! Are you okay? Did you see it? Did it come at you?”

“No dad, all I heard was screaming and running so I joined in on it. I didn’t know what was happening till the police came and told us.” I lied. Details wouldn’t help my dad for the reason that he would snatch my freedom away as easy as one snap of a finger.

“Okay, well that’s the best way it should happen if it must.” He said calming down.

“Did June go on the Farris Wheel this year?” I asked changing the subject with a stupid obvious question.

He looked at me like I was crazy. “No, you think she would go on that after that one time?”

When June was 5 we went on the Farris wheel one year, too little to know what she was doing, once we got onto it, she was shaking and holding onto our mom the whole time, crying with agony as if she was dying. We had to go home right after because she was making such a scene. Now just the sight of one freaks her out, she is terrified of heights.

When we got home I finished the McDonalds I started eating in the car and took a nice long hot thoughtful shower, I noticed my hands were still shaky from the craziness of the whole night.

Will the scary things ever end? Knowing Cody now, I knew the answer to that already.

When I went in our room, I found June on her stomach dead asleep on the bed with her Finding Nemo pillow. She was letting out little snores of deep sleep. It made me yearn sleep so bad.

I slipped on pajama shorts and a tank top in the darkness of the room, not caring if they may be inside out and got into bed, thinking about everything that happened tonight. The mountain lion incident, the police arriving, the young and innocent faced Nick with the amazing voice. Oh yeah, and the little fact that my best friend in the whole world is a Werewolf. Yep.

I fell quickly into sleep, hoping in the morning it would all be a dream.

 

 



© 2009 Alyssa


Author's Note

Alyssa
:D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

very nice, whew, have to catch my breathe there from all that runnng around, scary things those mountian lions. and Cody, who knew, just keeps getting better and better. I wonder if that was him wrestling the lion , but as the wolfman. good chapter, I like that saying, saweeet. I have to use that in real life, sounds funny but effective. awesome writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


ooh, that ride you were talking about...the...haley's comet, yeah thats what you called it, they have it here in my town for the Almond Blossom Festival except we call it the Graviton...and it looks like giant flying saucer but last time i went, it didnt have cages....i dont think it had anything except for the panels that move up and down....anyways, back to your story, i think i have an idea about that mountain lion...if i remember correctly, Leroy(?) had cat like features right? so what if he is the mountain lion and thats how whats his face got that scar on his neck and the car! thats why the other werewolves dont like him! but cody knows leroy cant help himself so he's always trying to help him! ah.i'm probably totally off.still, this was a good chapter. :]
and sorry it took me so long to review, ive had to do my summer assignment for my Advanced Placement classes and school starts in less than a week...like four days!again, great chapter! :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


Amazing!! The secret is finally out!! I like how Desiree was at a loss for words, so she kissed him!! That was my favorite part!! And the Nick kid seems pretty cool. Makes me wonder if he's gonna get a bigger part later in the story!! Can't wait for more =)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
Rating
Added on July 20, 2009
Last Updated on December 1, 2009


Author

Alyssa
Alyssa

Rochester, NY



About
more..

Writing
The Guard The Guard

A Poem by Alyssa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Dirt The Dirt

A Chapter by Alyssa