After Your Voice

After Your Voice

A Poem by amanda_joy

Your voice is like a telephone ringing in a room with all the doors taken off and windows broken. I am sitting cross-legged and bare-arsed in its centre and it fills me like a sound; which is what it is, your voice, a sound. It is yours and my senses are sharpened by it. Your words fall like small stones and I want to catch every one of them, I would keep them all in my pockets, if I had pockets, always before your voice I am naked and I can’t keep my own words let alone yours. Which aren’t really like stones except that they are round and smooth and perfectly formed by something outside them, or form rubbing against each other. All my answers are too small for your questions, they fall through the comfort of your sounds to land beside me on the hardwood floor in a crack of sun which shows how dusty they are and the sound of your voice blows them away. Then this room which barely exists and contains nothing empties itself again. After your voice stops ringing. 

© 2008 amanda_joy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This has a quality of a dream which is slowly turning into a nightmare. naked, vulnerable, with a voice that Is being drowned out. Ending with coming back to being yourself when the non listener leaves.
I may be completely wrong, but I did really enjoy the image and your words. Thank you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


What dear child have you being doing?

This is such an odd poem and yet its message is clearly understood.

I would have enjoyed it more if the images didn't bounce around so much.

Now � replace that voice and begin anew.


Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thisw one rocked so much!! I love the emotions and nervous tension it evokes with the imagery and audible suggestion.... i really liked the subtext...after reading it twice I saw a whole new dimension to the poem.. I surely have know people who have had a voice like that!

Posted 16 Years Ago


I read this both slowly and quickly, to test how differently my senses perceived the write. The impacting of imagery and structure lent itself to the faster pace, as anticipation and urgency of wanting more from the 'voice' became more profound.

Exquisitely creative composition!

God's Blessing
Phillozofee

Posted 16 Years Ago


I loved reading this! A very seductive use of words! Gives me nolstagia of talking to the first guy I was really attracted to. Greak work!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2008

Author

amanda_joy
amanda_joy

Fremantle, Australia



About
Poet, writer and visual artist.. ↑ Grab this Headline Animator more..

Writing
Reservoir Reservoir

A Poem by amanda_joy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..