Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Amanda J. S.

Midnight in North Romania"a small cabin in the woods.

         

        ”You are not supposed to be here,” Thomas sneered, gazing at her, his eyes brimming with fury. “You are supposed to be at home,” he paused, and Ana realized that he wasn’t comfortable with the situation. “You were supposed to have stayed with me. Now look at what’s happened.” He gestured at his wide-open eyes, making her realize that they’d changed from stony gray to… crimson. Nausea rolled up inside her stomach. But that can only mean"“who did this to you?” Ana whispered, fidget. 
        “Oh, I think you know who.” Thomas’ mouth curled up into an ironic smirk. “I guess we should have figured that out sooner. How silly we were. Thinking he couldn’t hurt a fly.” 
        “Why did he do this?” She still couldn’t believe he was a vampire. How could her sweet wilave have been turned into this monster? She withdrew a couple of steps, causing the back of her silken nightgown to trace one of the yellow walls of her bedroom. The already cold planked floor seemed even colder, and the general temperature in the room seemed to drop at least ten degrees. 
        “Guess he was hungry.” Thomas shrugged, seeming careless about it. He took a long stride closer to her, leaving little space between them. “Not that it matters. It is your fault. You know that, right?” Ana just stared into his now again stony eyes. His black hair cascaded down his forehead, making him look a little more like the Thomas she’d used to know. The moonlight caught his high cheekbones perfectly, through the blinds. “If you hadn’t fled like a stricken pig, he wouldn’t have touched me.” His voice sounded bitter, and he began panting a bit. Ana found it eerie.
        “I… I’m… I don’t know what to say.” She stuttered. He was really angry with her, she could see that now. Not that she wasn’t angry with herself, too; right since the day she’d fled from their former home with their master, Rufus, she had been ashamed of herself for leaving Thomas behind. She guessed she deserved whatever he was intending to do with her.
        “Of course you don’t.” Thomas continued, closing his eyes for a moment, and drew a long sigh as if to calm himself down. “You’ve never been good with words, Ana. Maybe that’s why you fled: because you didn’t know how to answer me when I told you… that I loved you.” Thomas eyes flickered back to red again, and he pinned her up against the wall, not fighting his anger any longer. Ana tried to flinch, but her body didn’t obey. Her spine felt cold, almost as if Thomas fury had frozen it by the touch. Now, when he was up close, she noticed that his already pale skin seemed marble, almost ashen. Like a dead person’s skin. She retained a little yelp from escaping her trembling lips when he pressed her closer against the wall. 
        “But I’ve found a way for you to make it up to me,” Now, Thomas was almost radiating joy, as if he was thinking of something pleasant. He bit his lower lip, and the smell of his breath caught her nostrils. It smelled like mold. It sent shivers down her frozen spine. 
        “You will be the one to complete me, Ana.” He stated while a hysteric giggle escaped him.
        “What do you mean?” she whispered, her voice sounding small and fragile, almost as a child’s. Thomas slowly separated his khaki lips, showing a normal set of human teeth. “I’m not a vampire yet, Ana. Only a humble processor. That’s where you’re coming in.” When Ana realized what he intended to do, her thoughts ran over Elise and Denise. What would be of them if she died? Two babies by the age of one couldn’t take care of themselves. They would die if no one took care of them.
        Thomas swiftly lowered his head to her neck, and before she could think of anything, she heard herself exclaim, “Wait!” He arched his head again, his gaze confusedly searching her eyes. “They can’t take care of themselves, Thomas.” He looked puzzled. “Who?”
        “Elise and Denise,” she said before she realized that he didn’t know they even existed. “My…” Would this make things worse? Would he get even angrier with her if he knew she had been pregnant with another man’s child? Would this destroy the tiny"if she had one"chance of getting out of this alive? “Children.” She finished after deciding that he wasn’t going to spare her. 
        “You have children?” Thomas looked shocked. “When?”
        “One year ago, I gave birth to Elise. Denise was given to me by a little boy.” Thomas mused. He looked as if he didn’t quite believe her. “A little boy gave you a baby?” 
        “Yeah, half a year after I had Elise.” Why was she telling him this? What was he supposed to do about this? Wait…”Promise me you won’t leave them to die, Thomas.” Her voice came out filled with panic and agony. When he looked down, she continued, “If you’ve ever loved me, you won’t let them die.” 
        “Okay,” he whispered, to her surprise, as he lowered his head to her neck again, “I won’t.” 
        The last Ana thought about, before the world faded out was Elise, her beloved daughter, and how she hoped Thomas wouldn’t hurt her.
        Then, feeling herself emptying from blood, all were black…

         

      


© 2012 Amanda J. S.


Author's Note

Amanda J. S.
Thoughts are not in italic!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very good start to your story. You have captured the atmosphere in the bedroom and the changes taking place in Thomas's body as he slowly turns into a vampire. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Can't wait for the rest of it!! I like how you just jumped in, even though I have not a clue what exactly happened to Thomas, I can't wait to read how this will continue :)
Please continue, and by the way: I like your writing, and the little I know of what's happening is very intriguing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is really very interesting. I am most intrigued with Thomas' situation. I get the impression that he was recently bitten by a vampire. I love the hook at the end. It makes me want to read on to chapter 1. However, it would be nice to have another paragraph to two in the beginning; perhaps explaining what happened to Thomas. Some bone chilling action, where he was caught by the vampire as he tried to save Ana's life... or whatever he was trying to do.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is better than twilight this was awesome great write:) feed me more!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2012
Last Updated on August 18, 2012
Tags: prologue, fantasy, vampire, kill


Author

Amanda J. S.
Amanda J. S.

Writersville, Denmark



About
Hello, lovely people of Wristerscafe.org! I am a sixteen-year-old girl from Denmark, and my name is Amanda :-) I began writing about one and a half year ago, and a day hasn't gone by without me .. more..

Writing
untitled. untitled.

A Story by Amanda J. S.