Me

Me

A Chapter by Amber Rose Warner
"

Self Discovery

"
I am the infant who was thrown in the trash by my father.
I am the little girl smiling at the camera with laughing eyes though the world stormed around me. 
I am the young lady sneaking romance novels into the tent while we camp.  Who climbs into the camper after a rainstorm and curls up on the floor.  Who wipes away tears after Dad gets up and covers her with a blanket.
I'm the High schooler who's fallen in love with writing, who reads The Great Gatsby for the first time her senior year. And continues to do so every fall.
I"m the young bride. The young mom.  I hold the pieces together, adding to them trying to figure out how to pay for diapers. How to fix a car. How to love a man just as broken as myself.
I am the one who falls, crashes and breaks. 
 Once again the pieces that have Fallen.
I am the woman who isn't sure if her friends like her.  Who stumbles over her words. Who gets anxious when it takes too long to put change in my wallet.
I'm the Valkyrie in the kilt turning the caber, throwing the weights.
I am the writer putting my story onto paper. Remembering, breaking, and getting stronger.
I am the warrior, picking up the broken pieces.  Smiling as I arrange them in a kaleidoscope.
And today, I am me. Spinning the kaleidoscope as the rain falls down and the cat purrs on my lap.


© 2018 Amber Rose Warner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on July 16, 2018
Last Updated on July 16, 2018


Author

Amber Rose Warner
Amber Rose Warner

Farwell, MI



About
Just another mom questioning the meaning of her existence while folding the laundry. more..

Writing