Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by amdc101

Chapter Two


Panic gripped her heart as Amali fell to her watery death. The water was black and foamy beneath her. It was crashing and churning against the rocks. It would swallow her. There was no hope of surviving, but then-

she opened her eyes.

Every inch of her body was sore. Sore, but dry; and she was alive. She stood up, ready to find her way back to the car, but was so dizzy she collapsed onto the bed and sent up a cloud of dust. Coughing, she pushed herself up onto her elbows, and looked around. The bed she fell on was covered in moth eaten blankets and beside it was a shattered lamp with a crooked lampshade, standing on an old nightstand. In the opposite corner was a bookshelf. It, along with all its books, was gray, obviously covered with a couple inches of dust as well. On the same wall was a window. Or what used to be a window. Now the screen was ripped off and the panes were smashed. More carefully this time, she stood, making the floor creak as she did.
She took a few, shaky steps and made her way over to the window. Leaning on the windowsill she looked out to determine where she was. Outside was a decrepit old swing set, and a doghouse, overgrown with grass and weeds. She looked down the street, if you could call it that. It looked as if there had been an earthquake. It was divided and cracked into hunks of tar littered everywhere, and there were holes filled with dirty water. All the houses looked the same too. Falling apart; over grown. It was like no place in her town that Amali had ever seen. Her heart was pounding and her hands were sweaty. She had no idea where she was, or how she came to be here. The last thing she remembered was falling off the lighthouse. Her body should've been crushed on the rocks. The water should've swallowed her whole. How did she come to be here, in this place, alive?

She needed to get out of here.


Turning, Amali moved toward the doorway, which was really all it was. Once there had been a door, but now you could only see the hinges it had been ripped off of. As she was leaving the little room, she gasped, standing on her toes, fighting to regain her balance. Right in front of the doorway was a gaping hole in the floor, leading to the next level, and she had almost fallen down through it. She caught her breath and moved around it, carefully testing the floor in front of her before every step. She didn’t want to be the next one to make a hole. The rest of the house was not so different from where she woke up. Holes in the floor were everywhere, and every window was smashed. She had reached for the handrail on her way down the stairs, but it was so dusty she had decided against it. Every nook and cranny was laced with spider webs.
Soon Amali discovered what must have been the living room. Something seemed more off about this room. The furniture had been dragged around more; there were tracks in the dust. There were also foot prints, looking as if people had fought and fled, and a shattered vase was on the floor next to a small table. She had a very bad feeling about this place, all of it. She needed to get out.

Now.

But before she could, Amali was surrounded.


© 2011 amdc101


Author's Note

amdc101
Does the ending of this chapter leave you in suspense at all? Do you want to read more?
Thanks!

To those of you who gave me critique in your reviews: thanks a bunch, I added some things, hope it's better now :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter does leave me in some suspense. I guess I will need to read on to find out what happened! :) Good job and keep on writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this scene fairly well. Maybe go a little more into the characters confusion. She just went from her world to this random house and I don't get this sense of fear or anger or whatever your character would react with.

However, I'm intrigued and will continue to read on.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 25, 2011


Author

amdc101
amdc101

CT



About
I love writing, all different genres-send me read requests and I'll read as much as I can. Message me about groups and stuff... Anything else? I don't know, check out my writing! more..

Writing
NIght NIght

A Poem by amdc101


Handlebars Handlebars

A Poem by amdc101