Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by amdc101

Chapter Four


They turned a corner and entered a musty old garage where he led her to a trap door going underground. They descended what felt like millions of stone stairs, finally coming to the doorway of a cavernous room. Gently, he picked her up and she felt his breath tickle her ear.
“Pretend to be passed out,” he whispered.
She obeyed. They entered the room. It seemed to be a meeting place, full of men and women and children. The boy walked up to a man.
“Ah, Dustin,” the man greeted him.

“I found her in the old Pender House. The others went-er-to check the other houses. Should I bring her to a cell?”

A cell? Amali thought. What?! Now Amali started to panic. And she thought he was trying to help her!

Still, she didn’t move. It would be easier to take him down on his own than in front of all these people. Even so, his voice made her shiver happily.
“Yes. Tell her nothing. We must learn how she came to be here before we tell her anything about us.”
Dustin nodded and hurried off with her still in his arms. When they were a good distance away, he put her down and pulled her along.
“Let go! Where are you taking me?” she yelled.

“Shh, not here,” was all he would say, annoying her further.
They turned into a room that was nicely furnished, much better looking than the old houses. It was not at all what she would call a cell.
“Look, you can not make any noise. I’ll be back and I’ll explain everything. Do you trust me?”
He was looking at her so intensely with those eyes she melted and nodded.
"Good.” He turned and left.
Throughout the next few days, Dustin proved true to his word. He would bring her food, and they would talk. She learned that they were on a small island in the Pacific Ocean. It was forgotten by other countries, and while they had tried to live normally, they had needed to come together and live like this. Their leader thought that anyone who mysteriously showed up was sent from another country that wanted to take over their land, and they were treated horribly. Mostly it was lost sailors, and Dustin didn’t agree with this system, and sometimes would take her with him as he went around giving them extra food. In turn she told him how her dad had left when her sister died in a car crash, her relationship with her mom had fallen apart, how she had tryed to run away, fallen off the top of the lighthouse, and found herself in the old Pender house.
One night they were sitting on the floor, leaning on the bed where Dustin spent his nights (Amali took the couch). There was nothing left to say, all the food was gone, and Amali was staring at her hands when he looked sharply in her direction. Startled, she looked up and their eyes met again. Gently brushing her hair out of her face he whispered, “You feel that too, right?”
Before she could nod, he leaned in and their lips met. His kiss was soft gentle and sweet. It was the same time-stopping feeling as when their eyes met, only better. Dustin pulled away.
“Run away with me. I hate it here. We can get a nice house on the mainland. Live above ground!”
He was standing, pacing excitedly. He lifted Amali off the ground. Twirling her around, they kissed again. He put her down and gripped her shoulders.
“Say yes, Please say yes!” he begged.
“Yes. Yes, of course!” she said.
He lifted her again and they twirled and kissed and laughed for what seemed like an eternity. She hadn’t been this happy since she was a little girl.


© 2011 amdc101


Author's Note

amdc101
This chapter is the longest, bare with me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hahaha.... :) Run away with me. Sorry, just sounds so dreamy and familiar. Sorry.... Anyways, some misspelled words here and there but other than that a very nice chapter. I, personally, don't like romance but for the sake of your story I will stay open-minded. Good job and keep on writing!! I shall read on!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 25, 2011


Author

amdc101
amdc101

CT



About
I love writing, all different genres-send me read requests and I'll read as much as I can. Message me about groups and stuff... Anything else? I don't know, check out my writing! more..

Writing
NIght NIght

A Poem by amdc101


Handlebars Handlebars

A Poem by amdc101