What is Love?

What is Love?

A Story by Amber
"

Sick at home and decided to write and this is what I came up with

"

What is love?

     Many people have many opinions on what love is. Love is a complicated subject to talk about. Love is probably one thing human kind can’t fully explain. To different people love means different things. Some people think loves is when your partner showers you in gifts, others is when all you can think is that other partner.

      If you Google “what is love”, you can never get a solid answer. Each website was a different answer, a different opinion of what love is. This is because no one for sure can define love. Love can mean a several of things. I can’t tell you what it means, but I can tell you what it means to me.

     To me loves means a lot. It is when there is this one person, who is always on your mind. No matter how hard it is to forget that person it is impossible. When you see them your whole mood changes, your face perks up and your eyes light up. When they leave, this sad/missing expression falls upon your face. It’s just this weird sensation you get when you’re with them. You feel like you two are the only two in the world when you are together. It is when you care about that person happiness more than yours. When you would do anything to be with them, you would die for them. This to me is what loves is. What I just described the feeling has to mutual for it to be love.

     Love isn’t what it all turns out to be though. Love can always destroy you. Not all love is true or real. Many people mistake love for lust. Lust is a feeling that mimics love. If you want to get technical it means “a very strong sexual feeling towards someone.” Well that seems very different from love but when you are in lust it is really hard to tell. When people are in lust they tend to get crazy. They play mind games and cheat. When your partner falls out of lust in you’re still in it things tend to go downhill. Some people go into a depression, change completely personality wise. Some get destructive and just plain mean.

     See, love has it perks and love has it downs. It is all up to you on how you see it and how you take it. You what does love mean to you?

© 2013 Amber


Author's Note

Amber
Please tell me how to make it better!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

To describe love ... well I might need lot more words than you have :P

Coming to love, as you said, to each love is different. But the elements of love is common. Love is passion, addiction, happiness, patience, tears, affection, sacrifice and lot many other things combined. love has no definitions and limitations. That's the briefest explanation I can coem up with :)

To talk about your style, well, I am not an expert to judge, since my own writing journey is at nascent stage. But as a reader, I feel you could have come up with more interesting ways. Since the topic - love is so common - people already know about it (though they may not express it). So what would keep them engaged? The way its written, your thought flow, the play of words.

Nevertheless since it's a random piece, you just went with the flow. And the truth is, no matter what, the very word brings out all hidden emotions into the limelight. That's why we can never stop reading and thinking about love :) Have a lovely time ahead :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
1 Review
Added on November 19, 2013
Last Updated on November 19, 2013

Author

Amber
Amber

About
Just a young girl who loves to write and wants to get her writings out there. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Story by Amber


Perfect Moment Perfect Moment

A Story by Amber


Do you believe? Do you believe?

A Story by Amber