Sister

Sister

A Chapter by Ami N.
"

Upon her request, I wrote this poem for my cousin-sister who is a year younger than me.

"

Remember when-

We’d sit in diapers

And we’d get caught

Being overly hyper


Remember when-

We’d talk to each other

No one’d understand us

Not even our mothers


Remember when-

We were both so small

I would wobble and walk

And you’d be learning to crawl


Remember when-

The floor was dirty

So we lathered it with shampoo

And made it all purty


Remember when-

We played with each other

In our make-believe play

I’d always be your mother


Remember when-

We found the hidden treasure

We cut bangs in our hair

To our parents’ extreme displeasure


Remember when-

I thought you had lice

Using the disinfectant

I rinsed your hair thrice


Remember when-

We’d be outside the whole day

Pretending to be flower girls

And gathering bouquets


Remember when-

We’d listen to nursery rhymes

We’d even jump on the bed

And dance to ‘em sometimes


Remember when-

I got mad at you

The pillow found your head

And so did the shoe


Ah those good times,

Do you remember them too?

Oh how fast time flies,

Oh how much do I miss you!


You were that pesky cousin sister,

That has shared my smiles and tears.

We’d confide in each other,

Our secrets and worst fears.


I know you are there,

So very far away.

I hope you remember me,

In your prayers everyday.


Although we fight

Whenever we are together,

Deep down I love you,

Forever and ever.


I sometimes wonder,

What’s going to be our next feat.

Oh I really can’t wait,

Until the next time we meet!



© 2011 Ami N.


Author's Note

Ami N.
This is a silly (true) poem I wrote for my cousin about our memories together. We're a year (and many miles) apart and we've been glued to each other since the moment we were born (not literally of course). She's like my twin sister I never had. Our endless plots (only a few were actually successful) inspired me to write this piece. Title is based on request, so that's unchangeable; however I still don't know whether I should include further punctuation. Suggestions?
Thanks for reviewing/commenting/offering suggestions :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awhhh!!!! This was so sweet I loved it!!!! I especially loved the line "And made it all purty" it added a touch of humor into the amazingness.... loved it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful! I couldnt see any grammar spelling etc, mistakes and iI dont think you need any more further punctuation. A lovely poem that made me smile the whole time and remember my childhood:) Just perfect!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was an awesome poem/limerick. I hope your sister found it as enjoyable as I did, it made me laugh out loud, literally, which doesn't happen very often.

I don't think you should change a single bit of it. It captures every scene perfectly, the wording flows well, and its very light hearted.

I don't see how you could make this any better than it already is!

Bravo, Nzuri, Bravo.

*100*

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hahaha!! I remember u telling me about the bang cutting. That was a very funny poem. Great piece of work. No, I don't think you need any punctuation. I didn't find any grammar mistakes either, so I guess this poem can be classified as PERFECT!!
:) Good job!
Sumayya

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is such a sweet poem. It reminds me of me and some of my cousins. :) Your rhyme scheme is fantabulous, and it seems to just roll right off the tongue.
As always, amazing job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was good! I don't feel like you need to make any changes at all to it. It's perfect just the way you have it written now. I like the way you worded everything and the rhyming scheme was great. Some of those past moments you took us back to made me laugh because it reminds me of times I've had with very close friends of mine, who are more like sisters to me. Anyway you did a fantastic job with this one! It was definitely a very enjoyable read :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Those memories were cute, funny, nostalgic and wonderful all at once. I'm sure your cousin-sister misses you just the same. Very nice dedication you have there for us to read and enjoy. I'm not good on the punctuation parts. (high school English class just was a blur, same with college) Sorry I can offer there. But I thought that you balanced your memories wonderfully, and I loved the soft beat of your well thought out word placement. Thanks for sharing your memories :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful. This one write combined day to day life events, brilliantly with Literature.
It Was A HATTER..... Heartfelt And Touching, True, Elegant Read.
Nicely written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I could connect to the poem a lot though I am a boy. So I did not do some of the girly stuff with my sister. But I loved the poem. My suggestion with he punctuation is that if you feel comfortable leaving it out then I would say follow what you want. In a poem its all about what you want to include. I am impressed this is a really good poem. Good job making another excellent piece!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it a lot!!! I LOVE the way it rhymes and all the funny plots you and your cousin/sister did. It's a cute piece, and even though I'm more of a story person, I have to say I enjoyed every word.
~Jasmine Thousand~


Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

635 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 8, 2011
Last Updated on December 8, 2011


Author

Ami N.
Ami N.

CA



About
Me~ 'Tis what I am. And no better me can there be of me 'Cuz I am the only me there can ever be :) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Betrayal Betrayal

A Poem by Ami N.


Dad Dad

A Chapter by A. L. Allen


The Soldier The Soldier

A Poem by Ami N.